Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bale looses it during filming...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
236 replies to this topic

#221 of 237 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 05:34 AM

I get this sense of the end of something, soon.
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#222 of 237 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,715 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Gale
I get this sense of the end of something, soon.

You mean....this thread? Posted Image
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#223 of 237 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 06:47 AM

This thread went off the tracks, careened over a cliff in the pouring rain, crashed into the rocks below, exploded into a ball of flame from three different angles Michael Bay style, a long time ago.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#224 of 237 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRice
This thread went off the tracks, careened over a cliff in the pouring rain, etc.
Not to detract from the cleverness of your phrasing (which I very much enjoyed Posted Image ), but what tracks? Threads like this one have nowhere to go and no real subject to explore. They're Rorschach tests for the participants (myself included), and often fascinating for what they reveal. There are participants in this thread with whom I almost never agree in HT discussions, and yet I found myself nodding as I read what they've written here. It's always good to be reminded how multi-faceted people can be.

As for the instigating incident, it's already yesterday's news.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#225 of 237 OFFLINE   Mr. Film

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:07 AM

Bale said he was sorry, the matter was obviously resolved. What's there to discuss?
"As soon as television became the only secondary way in which films were watched, films had to adhere to a pretty linear system, whereby you can drift off for ten minutes and go and answer the phone and not really lose your place."
-Christopher Nolan

#226 of 237 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:10 AM

Michael, I stand corrected. This thread never had "tracks" to begin with. I just didn't take the time to come up with another word.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#227 of 237 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:14 AM

Quote:
I just didn't take the time to come up with another word.
No regrets here. "Tracks" led to such a lovely image of a Michael Bay fire ball. In my mind's eye, I pictured a certain poster flying through the air crying, "Curse you, Polanski!" in a tone very much like the Wilhelm Scream. Posted Image

#228 of 237 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,578 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:25 AM

Wilhelm? I'm not familiar with that. The only "Scream" that comes to mind is Münch.

The Hybrid System

#229 of 237 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:29 AM

It's a famous sound effect in movies. I'm pretty sure there's a least one thread about it in the Movies forum, and it even has a Wikipedia entry.

#230 of 237 OFFLINE   Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

• 732 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:30 AM

Quote:
Wilhelm? I'm not familiar with that. The only "Scream" that comes to mind is Münch.

The Wilhelm scream is a recognizable scream that has sounded off in many films (including the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films). It is the scream that the Stormtrooper makes when he is shot on the other side of the Death Star bridge by Luke in Star Wars. It was the scream that a guy made as he was knocked off the cliff by a dinosaur during the stampede in Peter Jackson's King Kong.

#231 of 237 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:33 AM

Quote:

Never mind Münch, what about that Gauguin guy? Another one who screwed up a respected career (as a stockbroker) because of a penchant for young girls (and yet people still buy his work). Posted Image

#232 of 237 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gatie
what about that Gauguin guy?
I'm sure someone's working out a theory of how he illustrates Hollywood's hypocrisy at this very moment. Posted Image

#233 of 237 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted February 10 2009 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
Never mind Münch, what about that Gauguin guy? Another one who screwed up a respected career (as a stockbroker) because of a penchant for young girls (and yet people still buy his work).
And better yet ape it. As it happens, I have an artist friend whose main influence is Gauguin. I know that because (1) even to a philistine like me, Gauguin's style is unmistakable and oozes out of her work, and (2) uh... she said so Posted Image

--
H

#234 of 237 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 10:37 AM

I thought this was done but I keep seeing talking heads all over TV mouthing off about Bale and how much of a diva move it was, boycotting his movies, going to anger management groups, quitting movies, etc.
I can not believe that so many are willing to write this guy off because he got mad. That's it, he got mad and yelled. Who the hell has not gotten mad at one point in their life? If you haven't you can make these statements. Ghandi maybe? Hell even Ghandi probably said, "can I get a "God" damn hamburger" at least once in his life. Well may be not, but you get my point.
Everyone gets a little more mad than they should have at one point in their life, and It just pisses me off to see so many people throw rocks from their own glass houses.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is how he should behave, and if he does it's Ok. It's not Ok, this is not how anyone deserves to be treated, but I can forgive what he did. I understand anyone in that type of situation and how someone could be driven to this brief, and rare, over reaction.
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#235 of 237 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:40 AM

Well, I think Bale, who I do not know, owes me an apology because he yelled at someone else I do not know, about something that's none of my business.

--
H

#236 of 237 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holadem
Well, I think Bale, who I do not know, owes me an apology because he yelled at someone else I do not know, about something that's none of my business.

--
H

LOL, exactly. Posted Image
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#237 of 237 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holadem

--
H

Clearly you are a starstruck celebrity apologist for not caring about this minor incident. If you weren't so blinded by celebrity, you'd worry a lot more about Hollywood stars and their tantrums.

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow