What's new

How about Green Acres, Mister Ed, and Bob Newhart Show? (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
As we all know, Fox has committed to releasing the remaining seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. But I am now wondering if they will do the same with other shows that they have yet to finish such as Green Acres, Mister Ed, The Bob Newhart Show, WKRP, and Newhart..

Out of all series they have unfinished, I really hope Green Acres will be the next one to share the fate of TMTMS. That really would be great.

Let's have our fingers crossed!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, these are all completely different shows. So you can't compare them. But I assume the complete Mary Tyler Moore Show is coming mostly because fans demanded the rest of the seasons. Are people making as much of a fuss over Mister Ed ? I'm guessing not.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Ah, but doesn't Fox release the old Orion shows on DVD?

The Addams Family, which was an Orion property like Green Acres and Mr. Ed, had Fox logos on the DVD releases.

Of course, the last Green Acres discs had a Sony logo on the box.

Mr. Ed is a problem, so who knows?

But I could've sworn that a couple years back, Fox got the rights to release the old Orion/MGM shows. Or maybe it was just the Addams Family.

Anyway, I'd love to see any Newhart Show get rush released like MTM. I also know that WKRP will never happen in any acceptable way, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I just wish they would finish up Green Acres and MR ED, they are way better than MTM or Newhart

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I'd love to see them finish up Bob Newhart show and Newhart, thankfully they are finishing MTM...
Not bothered about Mr ed and green acres.. isnt mr ed about a horse or something?

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
My understanding about MGM shows like Mr Ed, Green Acres & The Addams Family is that MGM still holds the rights, but they chose Fox as their distributor. When the Mr Ed sets were originally released MGM distributed on their own, and hence only their logo appears on the box. MGM then distributed through Sony which is why MGM & Sony's lgo appears on those (although apparently newer printed sets that Target has has the Fox logo). MGM dropped Sony as their distributor and went with Fox and that is why Fox's logo is on the Addams Family DVD's along with MGM's. Whether Fox has the right to release or license out MGM's titles without MGM's consent, I do not know.

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
MGM abandoned the Mister Ed series long before the lawsuit.

You can currently catch reruns of Mister Ed on MGM's THIS TV channel along with reruns of The Patty Duke Show and The Outer Limits.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope they at least finish Green Acres, though I hope the others eventually make it out to DVD completely as well.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
^Ditto for Green Acres. Maybe since Paramount is releasing Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction it may happen.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I want the rest of The Bob Newhart Show badly.. there are only 2 Seasons to go on that show. I say just release the two seasons sep. for it.

Alex cosmo

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the lack of the last two seasons of Bob Newhart is getting ridiculous. We were so close!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks