Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

MGM to Release Three Old Musicals on DVD - Good Sign?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Martin Welch

Martin Welch

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted February 01 2009 - 11:41 AM

I read that MGM will be releasing The Goldwyn Follies (1938), It's A Pleasure (1945), and A Song Is Born (1948) on DVD on April 4. I'm hoping this is a good sign, as it seems a long time since MGM released any old library title that wasn't a James Bond or a Pink Panther entry.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   AlanBrom

AlanBrom

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted February 02 2009 - 06:22 AM

What's interesting is that some of these titles I believe are from the Samuel Goldwyn library, the same library where VAMPIRE CIRCUS, TWINS OF EVIL and HANDS OF THE RIPPER come from, which MGM owns the video rights to. If they're smart and what to continue on a roll, they could release them as part of would should be a massive (to make up for last year's drought) Halloween promotion.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   CineKarine

CineKarine

Supporting Actor

• 672 posts

Posted May 11 2009 - 01:03 AM

DVDTALK has a review of The Goldwyn Follies here
Sing your worries away, smile, be kind and accentuate the positive!
DVD wish list: The Accused (48), Margie (46), I'll Get By (50), The Constant Nymph (43), The Voice of the Turtle (47), The Barretts of Wimpole Street (34), Her Twelve Men (54), The Lost Moment (47), I Walk Alone (48), The Glass...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users