What's new

BLu-Rays - PS3 Games and a 360 Game - PAypal (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Hey guys.. all movies sold in my last thread are out and were square... ive got a few left that Id like to sell and just shoot me a pm! I take paypal only (its nice then I can print shipping labels off of them) I got really confused cause peopel were shooting offers left and right! I had way to many movies on that list... Heres a shorter and sweeter one....

Ill be online for a while tonight...

Ive got left.....

10.00 Each!

The Italian Job
Shooter
Beer fest
Across the universe
JOurney to the center of the earth
Shining
Pans Labyrinth
The Departed
The Bank Job
Hostel part 2
Flags of our father

Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3 - 30
Dark Sector - PS3 - 10
Tiger Woods 09 - xbox360 - 20

AshishNJ

Agent
Real Name
ASHISH BHARDWAJ
Flags of our father Blue ray. If condition is good. I will take it. Send me the paypal.

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
Got your PM & Invoice, your funds have been sent, let me know when I could expect shipment,
Thanks

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
It has been around 2 weeks since I sent payment for some Blu-ray's and I have received nothing and haven't heard back from him at all. Has anyone else dealt with this guy before?

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
Same here Chad, its been about 10 days at my end. He had sent me a paypal invoice and I sent him my payment, havent heard anything yet.
Anyone else?

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Well I know he hasn't been logged in since the 4th I think but I will try and give him the weekend if I don't heard anything by then I will have to file a Paypal claim and leave negative feedback.

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Well its sad to see it come to this but I paid the guy on 1/31/09 for 3 Blu-ray's and it is now 2/15/09 and...

1. I have not received the movies I have paid for.
2. Dave has not contacted me at all since payment was sent.
3. Dave has not logged in since 2/4/09.
4. Dave has not refunded my money.

I am going to go ahead and file a Paypal claim to see if I can get my money back. I suggest if anyone else here has been burned by this guy that you do the same it would probably help things move along quicker.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
thanks for the heads up.
I see that he has more then 1000 posts here on HTF. I doubt he is trying to scam anybody. Keep the faith. He must be unavailable for some reason.

IN THE MEANTIME....other potential purchasers....BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Nick P

Second Unit
Hey Guys,

In his other for sale thread prior to this one I bought his SuperBad Blu-Ray and I did receive it. Shipping time was quite slow but it did arrive as advertised.

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad

Honestly I am not one of those people thats too strict on how long something takes to get to me. But paying, waiting for 2 weeks and not being contacted at all gets me worried. I hope things end good for every person thats all I want.

Nick P

Second Unit
I hear ya and I totally agree. Good communication is a must when selling on the internet.

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Okay guys well an update. My Paypal claim was filed and is now closed and they never received any contact from him. There were no funds in his account to refund me so he withdrew the money from his Paypal account and left it empty and has made no contact at all. So right now I am out $30. I will be leaving negative feedback and I suggest anyone else who has been scammed by this guy do the same. BUYER BEWARE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAVE BROGLI.

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
you mean to say you can simply empty out your paypal account and rip someone off? what about your bank account thats linked to it?

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
chad, same here, i am out 50$, there are no funds in his paypal account to get our money back.
and jon, yes, you are right, one can get ripped off if you dont have any funds in paypal to cover you. paypal does NOT guarantee any recovery if the individual does not have funds in his paypal account.
there are some other ways that they could try and recover (??) according to their email, but this is private and not disclosed.

its a pity though, i have bought several items on HTF and in so many years, this is the first time i have been scammed, this forum has excellent members, all of whom are a joy to deal with.
shame on you dave brogli!

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad

I have been scammed before for $70 on another site via Paypal. A common misconception is that Paypal refunds you money back if its proven you have been scammed. Not the case at all. Paypal will only refund you if that person has funds in their account and I am pretty sure they suspend the account until the person has refunded the person they screwed. So basically if Dave Brogli ever wants to use his Paypal account again he will have to pay us back so its not like he can do this again.

The sad thing is I am out $100 for trying to buy movies from people with positive feedback history.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, fellas. FWIW (which ain't much) I feel really bad for you all. There have been so FEW instances of anything such as this happening here it is always a shock when things go wrong.

Dave (to whom I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt...but I'm not the one out any money) had a +9 on the Good Trader's List. Something just seems odd about the whole thing.

I still hope things can work out for you all somehow.

But since the GTL is closed...you should all be sure to take advantage of the HTF's new feedback system...available by clicking on the little icons next to Dave's name and bio info. I see Chad has already done so.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, that does seem kinda odd, especially since he's a long time HTF member w/ 1000-plus posts. Maybe something unfortunate happened to him to prevent him from completing these transactions (and responding to messages). Stuff like that can happen.

As to how PayPal works, I wonder if you pay w/ a credit card (like AmEx), whether your credit card company would be able to force PayPal to pursue harder (or eat the losses) so you don't have to be out the $$$ yourself -- I would think "yes", and certainly, that's why I usually pay w/ my AmEx card, not cash from my bank account, when I use PayPal, especially for eBay transactions. AmEx (especially) seems very good about protecting the buyer in such instances -- and I have been able to recover $$$ in the past from eBay purchases that did not work out.

And for similar reasons, I never use debit cards to buy stuff. Things happen, and you're out the $$$ (plus potentially overdrawing your account) if you use a debit card. Your bank isn't gonna do a whole lot for you when things happen. But w/ a credit card, the credit card company is more likely to do more for you (and also protect you from other consequences like overdrawing your bank account).

Also, if you use PayPal and need to link a bank account to it, I'd recommend only using a bank account that you don't normally use for anything other than PayPal in case something goes wrong and they start drawing $$$ from your bank account for unexpected reasons.

Anyway, hope things work out ok in the end for all of you...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks