What's new

Woman who just had octuplets... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I all for personal rights. Heck, if someone wants 50 kids. It's not my business. But, if they expect the taxpayers to fund it..its where I draw the line. This lady who just had the 8 kids is ridiculous. She had 6 kids previously...all through in-vitro, is not married and lives with her parents who are divorced and just filed for bankruptcy. I think the hospital bills should go to the doctors who implanted her without checking into her background. I have no problem if someone has kids and then comes into hard times and needs financial help. But, if someone is in a bad financial situation...They should not have more kids and expect more money. This lady sounds like she has some mental issues. And this should have been checked.
Here is the ABC article with the info...

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Yep, I blame the doctors. She's quite obviously mentally unstable and they certainly should have known about that beforehand. Maybe we should send the hospital a yearly bill for raising these poor kids.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
She just did an interview. And she said that most people are upset with her because she is not married. Ummmm...No. I am upset you did this because you already had 6 kids and you have NO MEANS to take care of them. You are hoping you get some sort of payday for it. Meanwhile, you are living with your bankrupt parents. I am upset that the taxpayers will have to pay for their upbringing and pay for the 100's of thousands in medical bills for their birth and neo-natal care.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
She has attention whore written all over her face, badly. With any luck, she'll get her wish- full scrutinization from social services.

I feel bad for the kids.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I head something (vaguely) to the effect that the medical ethics board is going to interview the doctor who did the insemination procedure.

I also really hope no company or tv show offers her money or products. Just for the fact it would accomplish exactly what she wanted. And might influence some other poor woman to do the same thing.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Well, her kids can certainly use the financial help though. They should just make sure that the $$$ doesn't end up in her pocket.

And yeah, they need to investigate the doctor(s)/clinic who did the fertility treatments for her -- and probably also should do a good review on regulations for this kind of stuff to help ensure stuff like this doesn't happen again.

_Man_

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I had read where all six of her previous kids were from in-vitro procedures, plus this new litter was as well.

She must have crazy money to do this seven times at an average cost of $10k per try.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen

The problem with this situation is that this was not an average delivery via CSection.

Off the top of my head...im guessing the cost per infant will be in the $250,000 range, prior to each one being satisfactorily discharged. It could easily hit $500,000 per child prior to discharge, depending on potential complications.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
She won a disability settlement(150k) a few years ago when she worked at a prison. She couldn't work because of back pain. Well my wife carried one child and said her back hurt. I can only imagine the back pain of carrying 8 kids. So I guess her back was good enough to carry 14 kids but not to work.

Oh and a friend of mine is an OB. He cannot believe any doctor would not check into this woman's background. He also agreed with the fertility doc on tv who said you never implant 6 embryos...two at the most. So this doctor must be real shady.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks