Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

home theater

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   pantera

pantera

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 30 2009 - 12:29 PM

can someone gife me the lowdown on matching home theater . i have klipchs fronts, and looking for a center speaker. should i get the same brand or can i go with something else.l what do i look for in matching speakers. looking forward to hearing from someone. thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,783 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 30 2009 - 01:16 PM

It's very important for the front three speakers to match as closely as possible so get a Klipsch center, preferably from the same series as your Klipsch fronts.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve_L

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted January 30 2009 - 02:45 PM

+ 1 on the first reply, don't skimp and get the Klipsch of the same series... Refernece, Synergy etc. some of the older ones can be found on eBay. If your current Klipsch are pre-HT era and don't have specific center channels, match it as closely as you can with the same vintage/series if possible. Again, look for pre-owned if you need to.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   pantera

pantera

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 30 2009 - 03:19 PM

thanks for the info have a good day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users