What's new

Will Paramount Release Season 2 Of Cannon On DVD? (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know if Paramount will continue releasing Cannon on DVD?

Thanks!

Robert

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I sure hope so. I am enjoying rewatching these great shows. And season 2 was a half season, so no vol 1 and 2 for season 2. Plus I hope we get vol 2 of season 2 of Mod Squad soon.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Every season of Cannon had 24 or 25 episodes, so each season on DVD will probably be split.

By the way, I know some people on the HTF have been disappointed in the picture quality of the Cannon episodes, but AFAIK every episode is complete and contains the original music. That's certainly more than you can say for a lot of TV on DVD these days.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
You are right. My bad.:eek:
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I agree that it is disappointing that Paramount didn't release Cannon with the same great picture quality as Streets of San Francisco, Hawaii Five-O, etc. However Cannon does look good and it is the best the show has ever looked and may ever look. Thanks Paramount for releasing Cannon and please release the whole Cannon series on DVD!

Robert

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I hope so, the show is oddly addicting. I bought the first part of Season 1 on a whim and tore through half the set in a night. For some reason, William Conrad comes off as a lovable jerk. I'm not sure why.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I have been enjoying this show immensely, but I'm not holding my breath on further releases. I know that Streets of San Francisco has been abandoned, along with what appears to be The Untouchables, Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley and several other CBS/P releases.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu

I think the problem there is the whole half season issue. While it works for some releases--THE FUGITIVE--it does not work well for others. FUGITIVE has a strong following that is used to the restoration that could excuse the half-season sets, but the rest are playing against the current notion that says a consumer should be getting a season or more for the $30 price that a lot of these carried.

To be fair, I'm not sure if the costs of those discontinued sets are due to rights or restoration, but CBS/Paramount should have given them a full-season run to see if that trend continued. $40 for a full season might have gone over better than $30 for half of that.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney

Has Streets been abandoned? I feel like Season 2, Volume 2 came out not too long ago...maybe it's going to be announced in the next wave?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks