Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about speaker zone B - Marantz 4600

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted January 27 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hello everyone, I have a quick question regarding the speaker B set on my Marantz 4600. I have some speakers wired out on my deck to the B system. According to the manual when enabled it will play whatever is on the main system which is fine.

The problem I'm running into is that the volume of the speakers on the main system is a lot louder than the ones outside. So when the volume is good outside on the deck the speakers are BLASTING inside, which is too loud for people inside. Does anyone know a workaround for this? The only thing I can think of is to take out the speaker wire in the fronts to disable them for the mean time.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   chris.big.money

chris.big.money

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted January 27 2009 - 10:38 AM

Are all speakers the same type, or at least the same specs? I would assume if your deck speakers had a different ohms rating, this would greatly affect the volume and most likely put strain on your receiver.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted January 27 2009 - 11:05 AM

They are different speakers. The outside speakers are Polk Atrium 45's and the inside speakers are Ascend 170's. I'm not exactly sure of the specs. But that would make sense.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted January 31 2009 - 08:01 AM

Anyone have any other suggestions for reducing the volume of the main speakers without changing the volume of the back speakers?

Thanks

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Screenwriter

• 2,772 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted January 31 2009 - 11:07 AM

Put an inline volume control pot between the receiver and indoor speakers.