Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The L Word Season 6

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted January 25 2009 - 01:54 PM

Underway; this show doesn't get a ton of love on the forum, but they've apparently decided to go with a murder-mystery theme this year.

In Episode one, we saw the conclusion: Jenny Schecter gets murdered. Now, in Episode 2, we've moved back in time to a year before that event, so we can try and figure out: who was it who decided to kill her?

It's an interesting twist in a show that (IMHO) kind of jumped the shark when Dana died to breast cancer two seasons ago.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted February 04 2009 - 05:03 AM

I'm unsure why the Jenny coupling is making so much waves, but I admit, I really hate her as a character, so she has to be putting in some acting chops.

trakt.tv

#3 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted February 09 2009 - 10:28 AM

Don't know who killed Jenny yet, but damn, I'd kill for them to just off her early. She is easily one of my "most hated" characters anywhere. Add Max to the list also.

trakt.tv

#4 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted March 01 2009 - 05:41 PM

I can't think of any other show where I have ever absolutely and completely hated a character as much as I hate Jenny Schecter.

Some good action tonight, but good god, I'm now waiting to find out who kills her. Because man does she have it coming.

trakt.tv

#5 of 11 Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts

Posted March 02 2009 - 04:05 AM

matt, you've been here by yourself, but I'll be happy to join you. I think the writers are almost over-the-top in trying to get the audience to hate her and give every character a reason to kill her. I only started watching this show last year, and sure, she wasn't the most likable person on the show, but this doesn't really seem to fit entirely with her character up to this point. As I said, I only started watching last year, so correct me if I'm wrong.

#6 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted March 02 2009 - 05:25 AM

No, in the beginning first few years, she was a straight girl who found out she was bi-curious and has since become flamingly gay Posted Image Meanwhile, her character has went from being a writer with emotional problems to an over the top diva.

The show has kind of went downhill since the death of Dana (end of S4 I believe) which made S1-4 really my favorites.

trakt.tv

#7 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted March 08 2009 - 04:41 PM

Worst series ender ever. Spend an entire season building up a murder mystery to leave it completely unresolved.

BLAH!

trakt.tv

#8 of 11 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 09 2009 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattCR
Worst series ender ever. Spend an entire season building up a murder mystery to leave it completely unresolved.

BLAH!

Touche, Matt.

If there was ever a let down in a series closer, even more so than The Sopranos...THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romaine was relentless in her criticism of the show's end this evening on her SIRIUS XM Radio program she co-hosts with Derek. Be it that their program is, indeed, an uncensored one, she let it be known in no uncertain languages how she really felt about the show's conclusion. Great radio!!!!! Posted Image
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#9 of 11 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts

Posted March 09 2009 - 03:36 PM

Crap, I haven't had a chance to hear Derek & Romaine in a while. As a straight male, though, it often isn't my taste, but I admit, if there are any group that can take issues and make me laugh, those two at times can absolutely put the smack down. I'll have to find that somewhere... Proof that Sirius/XM can't get their act together; webpages for Derek & Romaine haven't been updated for 2 years...

trakt.tv

#10 of 11 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 10 2009 - 05:16 PM

Yes, I will not disagree with you on Sirius/XM being able to properly work out what needs working out. And, admittingly (and of even their own volition), Derek & Romaine may not always be for everyone's taste. Posted Image However, Romaine's take on The L Word's series-ending letdown may have been welcome for anyone who did not agree with how the series ended. Some callers of differing extractions were with her on the big letdown. Posted Image
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#11 of 11 lioereily

lioereily

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 11 2009 - 06:38 PM

if you want to know the answer, just go to GmallGuide- Charmed Seasons 1-8?Buffy The Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7, The Sopranos Seasons 1-6, Sex and the City Seasons 1-6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users