Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official LAW ABIDING CITIZEN Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 25 2009 - 11:23 AM

I was downtown Philly the other day and my wife and I couldn't help but notice
that city hall had a film crew surrounding the place.
so we stopped and i was able to get a few pics.
not much but a few cameras and the extras.

I had just missed Foxx, he was being driven away as I was
going up to the filming area, oh well.

Law Abiding Pics
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   George_W_K

George_W_K

Screenwriter

• 1,467 posts

Posted August 25 2009 - 04:21 PM

I remember when you started this thread!

Anyway, I went to see  District 9 for a second time yesterday and saw the trailer for this film.  I CANNOT WAIT!  It looks like a pretty cool thriller and went in a totally different direction than the beginning of the trailer indicated.  At first I thought, of yea, another revenge flick, but then it got interesting. 

I hope to skip any more trailers so as not to ruin the movie for myself!  It's fun having movies to look forward to. 

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Gary Hightower

Gary Hightower

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted September 30 2009 - 02:48 PM

Might be a good movie.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,027 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 18 2009 - 11:19 PM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Law Abiding Citizen". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Law Abiding Citizen" should be posted to the
Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,373 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 27 2010 - 03:40 PM

Rented this tonight. After all of the build up about how impossible his crimes were, am I wrong to have expected a little more? His plan consisted of: burying a guy alive with enough oxygen to last until the appointed time, car bombs set to a certain trigger, and tunnels into every cell of the solitary wing at the prison allowing him to come and go as he pleases. Somehow I expected several well-executed and cleverly planned hits before he was brought down. Instead we get two, and then the ridiculous concept that no one would have noticed him tunneling into all those cells -- and that someone with his high profile wouldn't have been under 24-hour surveillance. Gerard Butler did the best with what he had. The first half hour or so was intriguing. Otherwise, a huge disappointment that failed to deliver on the marketing premise.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 28 2010 - 03:19 AM

Watched this last night. It was mildly entertaining -- if you think of it as a Dr. Who movie. Posted Image  The villain must've had a TARDIS the whole time, and at the end the good guys must've had one too.

The acting was pretty good, at least.  The extremely brutal violence was a bit of a turn-off though.

BTW, Adam, you forgot the customized, RPG-armed, military robot that attacked a crowded cemetery in broad daylight.  And the "there's a mysterious killer on the loose, slaughtering city officials -- let's have a meeting of the Mayor and all her advisers in an empty building protected by 1 cop at the front door" part.  Posted Image

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick