What's new

Will City of Ember ever be released on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I just saw Horton Hears a Who! on Blu-Ray and in the "Fox on Blu-ray" section, City of Ember was listed. At the end of the trailer it said that it was coming on DVD and Blu-ray. It is out only on DVD and I have not heard or read anything about a Blu-ray release.

The poor box-office performance had something to do with it (another DVD Forum talks about this)? Other "flops" have gotten deluxe treatment, or at least decent treatment - on video, so why not this one on Blu-ray? The DVD has no extras pertaining to the movie.

A lack of a Blu-ray release would be disappointing as City of Ember is an entertaining movie and would benefit from the hi-def audio and video and some behind-the-scenes information. Some of the set design was really impressive! Maybe Fox is working on it and wanted the DVD released right away. Poor sales on the DVD might indicate people like me are waiting for it on Blu-ray (or not at all, as Fox might believe). Obviously the trailer was made before final decisions were made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks