Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS Discussion Thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Mark Maltais

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator

• 194 posts

Posted January 16 2009 - 07:55 AM

I'm looking forward to this. I loved the first one, second one, meh, was ok, but they went to far with all the hybrid crap. Looks like they went back to the roots here with the beginning of a kick ass war. People were bitching about Kate not there and think it's a scam that the new girl looks like her, but if you pay attention to the first movie you realize why this makes sense...so actually they are covering all the bases. I'm gonna give this a chance just because the idea of the war has always been great!

#2 of 10 Josh.C

Josh.C

Second Unit

• 469 posts

Posted January 16 2009 - 09:55 AM

I'll see this. I'm a big fan of these movies. The second was a bit overdone, but vampires and warewolves is just something I can't turn down. Kate was great, but new girl looks pretty good in the trailors.

Looks fun,

JC

#3 of 10 ErichH

ErichH

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted January 17 2009 - 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.C
I'll see this. I'm a big fan of these movies. The second was a bit overdone, but vampires and warewolves is just something I can't turn down. Kate was great, but new girl looks pretty good in the trailors.

Looks fun,

JC

I'm the same way. A favorite guilty pleasure.
Yet again - Bill Nighy and Michael Sheen, so great actors in the leads. I hope Steven Mackintosh has a bigger part this time. His 2 scenes in the 2nd film were fantastic.

#4 of 10 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,116 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 23 2009 - 11:53 PM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 10 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted January 25 2009 - 07:17 AM

Worse than the lack of Kate Beckinsale and the murky color palette is the horrible action scene editing, especially in the big sword fight with Lucian, Sonja, and Viktor. Are they trying to cover poor stunt work, or does someone really prefer all that choppy crap where you can't see who's doing what?

#6 of 10 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 25 2009 - 07:29 AM

When I saw Doomsday I said to everyone "wow, she should be cast in the Underworld prequels!" and sure enough, she already was.

I'm probably going to wait for the dvd on this though, because of how bad the last Underworld film was. Plus...I just can't root for werewolves.

Is the Queen from the first film, who got killed on the train car, in this new film? She's been under-utilized thus far. I know she had a few moments in Underworld: Evolution, but not enough.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#7 of 10 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted January 25 2009 - 04:23 PM

I preferred Doomsday to this. For one thing, lots more Rhona Mitra.

Quote:
Is the Queen from the first film, who got killed on the train car, in this new film?
No, although I believe her name is mentioned once.

#8 of 10 Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,372 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFini
For me, the biggest problem was the total lack of suspense since anyone whose seen the first film is already well aware of the outcome here.

I have yet to see any of the "Underworld" films. Would I be lost starting with "Lycans"? (I own the first 2 on BD but not sure I can get to them before "Lycans" leaves town.)

#9 of 10 MattFini

MattFini

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth S
I have yet to see any of the "Underworld" films. Would I be lost starting with "Lycans"? (I own the first 2 on BD but not sure I can get to them before "Lycans" leaves town.)

I don't think you'd be lost, no. Though the film does assume you have some familiarity with the two main characters (Lucian and Viktor), you should have no problem following the storyline.

In fact, it might even enrichen the other two movies if you start here.
Universal, please release Streets of Fire on Blu-ray.

#10 of 10 Diallo B

Diallo B

Screenwriter

• 1,075 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 07:57 AM

better than terminator salvation.....
listen with your own ears...
watch with your own eyes...
make your own decision.

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users