Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Streaming Problems with Netflix through Xbox 360???

Xbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted January 21 2009 - 03:56 PM

When Netflix first started in Nov. on Xbox I had no problems, but now every night my wife and I sit and have to look at a crap picture. I will go over to the computer and check my connection with DSL reports and I'm pulling down 5-6Mbps. So is it the Netflix servers not being able to handle the demand? If that is the case I'm getting rid of it. I'm sick of looking at that picture, barely watchable.

Just curious if anyone else has the same problems.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 22 2009 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
So is it the Netflix servers not being able to handle the demand?

Definitely.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter

Second Unit

• 388 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 07:02 AM

I have had my Roku device for streaming netflix movies for about a week and so far so good. While the sound is just OK tyhe picture has been great with about half the movies I've watched streaming in HD. The rest have been very good.

I don't have a X-box so I dont know what the set-up procedure is but on the Rooku box I had the option to select 4:3, 16:9 anamophic and 16:9 HD. I have mine set on 16:9 HD. Can you make those same selections on your X-Box? Maybe it's set wrong??
Mark F. Leiter

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted February 24 2009 - 07:19 AM

When its hooked up with the HDMI cable its all set for you, though I must admit for about the last week and a half to two weeks there have been no streaming issues, been nice.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   j0sh818

j0sh818

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 12:45 PM

I used to watch Netflix online from laptop connected to my HDTV. I had no problem with the picture quality. Then when I got the 360 last month, I was excited with Netflix streaming.

But I was disappoined by the result on streaming through 360. I thought it was my xbox 360's internet line that made it crappy but when i watched it in my PC I was surprised how bad the picture quality was.

Is it my DSL connection? or what?

Thanks!