What's new

It's About Time. (1 Viewer)

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
My brother keeps asking me,when is the comedy tv show called:-
" It's About Time"-being released onto dvd.
It is set during the "Dinosaur Days".
Any gossip,would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Are you asking about the television show with the "It's about time, it's about space, about two strangers in the strangest place" (or something like that) theme song? If so, I don't know about it being released, but it is a fond memory from my childhood. I watched it and loved it many years ago. It had an odd premise, but then again, so did The Second Hundred Years.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
If you want to see this show on dvd, you will first have to get past the Roman senators, past the armored knights, past the firing minutemen to this modern site.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28788149/

Actually, you have to get past Sony, and seeing as how bad their business has been lately we'll be lucky to get ANY tv shows from them in the near future. The article above reports that they are taking their first annual net loss for the past 14 years, and also this: "Trouble has been brewing at Sony for some time. In October, it lowered its forecast to a $1.7 billion profit, but it said conditions had worsened since then." Well, boo hoo. That's what they get for not releasing the Flying Nun season three on dvd!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Oh, NO! Now I've got that song stuck in my head! :D

"It's about time, it's about space. About two men in the strangest place. It's about men, cavemen, too, about a time when the Earth was new..."

(That, of course, is the original theme. They changed the lyrics later in the first and only season when they brought the astronauts "back to the future" with their cavemen friends in tow. In elementary school we'd change the lyric to "It's about time, it's about space, It's about time to slap your face" before hitting somebody. :D

Pity there don't seem to be any plans to release the show. And put me down as another vote for The Second Hundred Years ("There was a midget in that box trying to shoot me!")

Regards,

Joe

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I just had a good chuckle on the school lyrics. We used to sing "It's about time to slap your face" too. In fact I just sang it a couple of days ago!!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

I thought it was BECAUSE they released seasons one and two?

Really, i joke.

I have only seen pictures of It's About Time, and of course i have the theme on one of those TV show theme CDs. I was born in 63, and to my knowledge this show has never seen the light of day, well, since back in the day.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Joe,

We did this too in elementary school, but made slightly different changes to the lyrics.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Thanks for your feedback.
I advised my brother,not to hold his breath.
Bad news for him,not a happy chap.
Them are the breaks-I suppose.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I can't muster up any sympathy for Sony (and anyone who knows me knows why), but let's remember that Sony only owns 20% of MGM, and their current home video deal is with Fox.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

...and we all know how wonderful FOX is with older shows they don't own :P

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Sorry to resurrect this thread with no news.

I only wanted to add my vote for this series. I used to watch this as a kid in the 80's. It ran on Qatari television and I even taped a few episodes. I may have to fire up the old Betamax and see about transfering these to DVD one of these days.

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
I recently came into posession of the Its About Time complete series. I hadn't seen it since it originally aired when I was a kid, but I always remembered the show, mostly because of the catchy theme song. If its any consolation, to my now adult eyes, the show wasn't nearly as good as I remembered it, and in fact it was almost unwatchable. I really wanted to see it for nostalgia value, but honestly that's all its worth. I wouldn't recommend spending money on this one.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
When I get nostalgic over an old show, I'll hunt through YouTube for clips. The rosey-tinted specs usually get dashed to the floor. That has spared me from regretable purchases.

The It's About Time theme song was a real earworm, when I was a kid.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
There are many shows from the sixties for which the catchy theme song is by far the best thing about them. The Patty Duke Show and It's About Time are two examples. Would Gilligan's Island still be popular today if it weren't for that opening theme?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks