Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

iTunes file sharing

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   saline77

saline77

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 21 2009 - 08:00 AM

If two computers share an itunes library located on the first computer is there any way to have the 'shared' music files just remain on the hard disk of the second computer with permanent updates every time the first computer gets new music? They have a wireless Linksys connection.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted January 23 2009 - 05:27 PM

You'd have to setup computer 2 to mount computer 1 via file sharing. Then you can point iTunes on computer 2 to the library on computer 1. Then you have only one library and both computers read all the same files. I've used this system for a while and it works fairly well. The drawback is having to mount the drive every time you want to access iTunes on computer 2, which means both machines have to be awake (which can be a pain if they're not in the same room together.) Also I've had my library file get corrupted twice in 2 years although I don't know for a fact it was because of library sharing. -EJ
 Visit my blog coregeek.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users