Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Emergency! - Season 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Paul Mavis

Paul Mavis

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted January 19 2009 - 11:56 PM

I've been asked to no longer post my reviews on HFT.

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted January 20 2009 - 03:29 AM

Well done, Paul! This is a must for me and it appears that Universal will at least finish the regular series in 2010. I wonder if they'll release the TV movies after that, as was the case with "Columbo."

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Paul Mavis

Paul Mavis

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted January 20 2009 - 05:31 AM

Thanks, Bob -- glad you enjoyed it.

Let's hope they do -- and wasn't there a Saturday morning cartoon of it, as well? Why not throw that in there, too. Posted Image

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,155 posts

Posted January 20 2009 - 06:48 AM

I got my set today along with Rockford Season 6. Can't wait to get started watching these.

I just read the posted review of Emergency! Season 5 and I'm a little bummed that Universal is using the same quality prints like the ones used for season 4. I was hoping that season 4 was just a fluke and they couldn't find decent quality prints. Looks like the rest of the series picture quality will only reach the level of good but not steller like seasons 1-3 were. I'll still get each set until the end of the series, but it's a bit of a bummer about the picture quality.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted January 20 2009 - 08:43 AM

I don't know all the details, but they switched to a lower quality medium to record these episodes to after season 3, leading to the reduced quality we see today for season 4 onwards.

As for bonus content, lets not forget the short lived Jack Webb series called Sierra about park rangers in a forest. There was a episode where Johnny and Roy crossed over to that series in their paramedic roles, on a vacation or something and end up helping out.

That deserves to be included as a bonus like that Adam-12 episode this set recieved.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted January 20 2009 - 11:15 AM

I got my set today, too...am looking forward to watching this and hoping that Uni completes this series next year. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted January 20 2009 - 01:13 PM

It won't be finished next year, there were several movies done after season 6 that I don't think anyone expects to see bundled in with season 6, making it effectively 7 seasons long.

I think its safe to assume if they go long enough to put season 6 out next year, we'll see the movies the next year in a seperate set like we saw done with Little House on the Prairie and it's movies after the conclusion of season 9.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted January 20 2009 - 03:03 PM

I picked this up today and am eager to jump right into it this evening. This is one show from my childhood that I recently re-discovered 2 years ago and have picked up all the seasons to date, enjoying them more and more as they go. True classics like this never go out of style!
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,155 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 04:45 AM

Well, I finished watching season 5 this weekend. Other than the picture quality, the show is just as much fun to watch as ever. After watching the first four seasons as they came out, it's getting really easy for me to know when the big explosion is about to happen during the final act. Too easy, in fact.

I did enjoy this season of shows just as much as the previous seasons, however the 'big' rescues or fires in the final act in this season just didn't seem to be as 'big' as previous seasons. Maybe I'm just getting a little too comfortable with the show. I didn't find this season to have very many 'edge of your seat' moments as before.

Still a good season and I can't wait to get the rest of the series.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Duane Alford

Duane Alford

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted January 28 2009 - 06:03 PM

I just ordered my set (along with Season 2 of The Invaders), but who knows when I'll ever get to it. With 18 sets to go through, I still haven't got to watch Season 2 of this one. Posted Image

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted February 11 2009 - 01:49 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me out real quick, my season 4's DVD cases are junk and breaking, and have been that way pretty much since day 1. So I'd like to order up some replacement cases.

Are these the correct size of slim double DVD cases they're using for these releases?

SLIM Frosted Clear Double DVD Cases 7MM

Can't seem to find a ruler here to measure mine for thickness, but it appears to be right. I'd just like to be sure before placing a order. Its dimensions are 191 x 136.2 x 7.2 (MM).

Thanks guys for any help you can offer.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 11:34 AM

Paul, why were you asked not to post your reviews anymore?