-

Photo
- - - - -

Billboard Top 10 - All American Rejects "represent" rock music!! WHOO-HOO!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   buttmunker

buttmunker

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted January 19 2009 - 12:00 PM

We have to be grateful that at least one rock group can still make the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 these days - it is kind of a rarity, as rap and dance are really still the rage. Thank you, All-American Rejects for representing the "minority" who don't care for rap and dance.

Honorable mention to Jason Mraz, whoever you are. Maybe I should see what you're about........

1 Lady GaGa Featuring Colby O'Donis - Just Dance

2 Beyonce
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

3 Kanye West
Heartless

4 T.I. Featuring Rihanna
Live Your Life

5 Taylor Swift
Love Story

6 Katy Perry
Hot N Cold

7 Jason Mraz
I'm Yours

8 Kevin Rudolf Featuring Lil Wayne
Let It Rock

9 Britney Spears
Womanizer

10 The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
"The power of love will keep you home at night" -Huey Lewis & The News

"I give in to sin because you have to make this life liveable" -Depeche Mode

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted January 19 2009 - 05:31 PM

I can't tell if this is sarcastic because AAR are terrible even if they may fall under the "rock" banner. More emo I think.

In principle though, I absolutely agree with you. I'm a big Mraz fan though; he's pretty mellow but he's got a great knack for melody.

Although I can't deny it; I love me some Katy Perry. Posted Image "Hot N Cold" is too catchy for me not to love.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted January 20 2009 - 01:45 AM

I abandoned top 10 radio several years ago. Rap and dance just doesn't cut it for me as a whole.....and the groups that represent 'rock' these days are IMHO a pale shadow of the artists of the past....only once in a while does a group like U2 come around to show em how it's done. Other than one classic rock station on the radio around these parts, I have my iPod to rely on for good music.
Recently watched- A Nightmare On Elm St Pt 2, A Nightmare On Elm Street(1984), Halloween III: Season Of The Witch, Pacific Rim, Halloween II(1981), Halloween(1978), The Blob(1988), Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 5, I Am Legend, Krull, The Beast Within, Subspecies, Lost: Season 4, District 9, Lost: Season 3, The Warrior's Way

Currently watching- Planet Earth, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Lost: Season 6, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati, Season 1

Laurie - "It was the boogeyman."

Dr. Loomis - "As a matter of fact...it was."

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,051 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted January 31 2009 - 03:42 AM

The record companies are missing the boat by not going out, signing, and promoting new rock acts. With Guitar Hero as popular as it is, there's a huge, untapped market for rock at this moment.

I work with teens for a living and I can tell you that they are eating up classic rock/metal right now. My students are constantly wanting to borrow my rock cd's like Maiden, Priest, Van Halen, and AC/DC. These are the kids going out, buying guitars, and starting bands. Unfortunately, record companies are refusing to break the pop/R&B/rap trend that they've been milking for over ten years. And they wonder why their sales are down.