Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dumb noob type question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted January 18 2009 - 05:18 AM

How can I watch shows/movies that I've DL'd on iTunes on my television without using AppleTV? I totally missed season 2 of Mad Men on AMC but I see the entire season is available on iTunes.
It looks like I have a mini-DVI port on my macbook so I'm assuming a miniDVI to HDMI cable would work but I also assume it doesn't carry audio. What's the best way to get the audio over to my TV?

On the subject of AppleTV - does anyone own one? How useful is it? Trying to decide if it's worth it right now.

#2 of 2 Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,329 posts

Posted January 18 2009 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
What's the best way to get the audio over to my TV?

Analog: a cable with two RCA at one end which you plug into the TV's audio inputs that correspond with the DVI input, mini-headphone jack at the other (i.e. the same thing as your iPod earphones), which you plug into the headphone output of the MacBook.

Digital: SPDIF, or optical cable, but you'll need the connector that looks like a hollow mini-headphone jack at one end, and the usual Toslink connector at the other. This is provided your TV can accept digital inputs, if not you can plug it into the receiver in your HT rig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users