-

Photo
- - - - -

question about He-man and Transformers and others

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 darthravenger

darthravenger

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 16 2009 - 12:37 PM

Hello Im new but I had questions that Ive never been able to get answrs for anywhere.

1.What happened to the original Masters of the Universe series after the first 5 sets all the way thru season 2? and where is season 3? I recall a season 3. Am I correct?

2.Whatever happened to the Transformers series sets redos that are mentioned on the 25th anniversary dvd of the 86' Transformers movie that were coming out the next year?

3.Where are the rest of the Amazing stories sets besides series 1?

4.Where are the Happy Days,Mork and Laverne and Shirley sets after both of their season 1's?

5.Does anyone know if 'Muppets tonight' short lived series is coming to dvd or of the current status?

6.Is the original GI-Joe series ever supposed to be coming back to video (status)?

7.Are the Muppet Babies ever coming to dvd video?

8.Has anything ever been mentioned about these tv series coming to video:

Mask,Captain N the Game Master,Solid Gold,Go-bots,the Fall Guy,American Bandstand(maybe decades related greatest hits types since there were so many),Spiderman and his amazing friends/Hulk,Saturday Night live,Friday Night Videos,Beetlejuice the animated series,the 90's versions of X-men Spiderman the Silver Surfer the Fantastic 4 the Hulk,Riptide,Sledgehammer,Bionic Man

thanks

#2 of 9 Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted January 16 2009 - 12:55 PM

I'll throw a few out there off the top of my head.

The He-Man series has been completely released. Season 2 was aired in 2 sections back in the 80's, but it was one long production season. Season 2 Volume 2 would probably be close to the "Season 3" the may have been shown on tv.

There hasn't been any news on Transformers or GI Joe re-releases.

I believe there was talk a few years ago of Muppets Tonight being released after The Muppet Show was finished.

The Complete Series of Captain N has been released.

I believe there are rights issues keeping Mask from being released.

#3 of 9 darthravenger

darthravenger

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 16 2009 - 05:32 PM

thanks Joe
Appreciate the responses

#4 of 9 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,714 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 18 2009 - 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthravenger
1.What happened to the original Masters of the Universe series after the first 5 sets all the way thru season 2? and where is season 3? I recall a season 3. Am I correct?

4 Volumes of He-Man, 3 She-Ra, 2 New Adventures of He-Man, 3 Mike Young He-Man, Christmas Special, She-Ra Best of, He-Man Best of. Plus the movie with Dolph Lundgren, of course.

Quote:
4.Where are the Happy Days,Mork and Laverne and Shirley sets after both of their season 1's?

Both are through their fourth seasons. A quick check of Amazon will confirm.

Quote:
6.Is the original GI-Joe series ever supposed to be coming back to video (status)?

You would think with the big movie coming this summer, these would be released. No word yet, but it is a bit early, to be fair.

Quote:
Spiderman and his amazing friends/Hulk, the 90's versions of X-men Spiderman the Silver Surfer the Fantastic 4 the Hulk

Through some convoluted rights issues, Disney owns rights to X-Men and most older Marvel shows (IIRC). They have shown no interest in releasing them in the US. There are four volumes of episodes, though, of X-Men. The Phoenix Saga and two more from Universal, one from Disney (Legend of Wolverine). The first three were out of print almost as soon as they hit the shelf.

Quote:
Saturday Night live,

Universal has been cranking these out on a regular basis. Four seasons are out right now.

Quote:
Beetlejuice the animated series,

3 episodes are available on the DVD/BD versions of the movie.

In all things TV, your best bet is to check out TVShowsondvd.com.

#5 of 9 troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted January 18 2009 - 06:15 PM

Quote:
8.Has anything ever been mentioned about these tv series coming to video: the Fall Guy,Riptide,Sledgehammer
thanks
Season one of the Fall Guy has been released. All three seasons of Riptide have been released through Canadian distributor VEI (which, by the way, also released Hardcastle and McCormick). Sledgehammer has also been released, but, I'm not sure if it's still in print.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#6 of 9 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,593 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted January 20 2009 - 10:32 AM

^According to Michael's Movie Mahem, both seasons of "Sledge Hammer" are still in print and distributed by Anchor Bay. $18.22/season @ DD, and $21.99/season at amazon. This series has also been offered regularly in B1G1 sales featuring Anchor Bay titles. That's how I got mine... $18.22 for both seasons. Posted Image

#7 of 9 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted January 21 2009 - 06:44 AM

Quote:
Hello Im new but I had questions that Ive never been able to get answrs for anywhere.

Nope, all the He Man stuff is fully out on DVD.

Quote:
2.Whatever happened to the Transformers series sets redos that are mentioned on the 25th anniversary dvd of the 86' Transformers movie that were coming out the next year?

The company went under I think

Quote:

Mork & Mindy have three seasons releases...

Happy Days has four seasons released...

Laverne & Shirley has four seasons released...

Quote:
5.Does anyone know if 'Muppets tonight' short lived series is coming to dvd or of the current status?

Most likely after the Muppet Show is finished being released, it will be awhile.

Quote:

Nothing is known at this time..

Quote:
7.Are the Muppet Babies ever
coming to dvd video?

Most likely no because of music rights and the footage they inserted..

#8 of 9 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted January 21 2009 - 08:06 AM

Do you even search the database of DVD release at TV Shows on DVD.com? Happy Days (season 4 just released), Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy have all had multiple season sets released/

Masters of Universe, She-Ra and all of those BCI titles have all been trapped in limbo ever since BCI announced they were shutting their doors forever. No more Masters, She-Ra, ULtraman or those other classics.

G.I. Joe and Transformers? Rights to those shows are also stuck in limbo.

#9 of 9 MattQuack

MattQuack

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted January 30 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hasbro reaquired the rights to both G.I. Joe and The Transformers last year.

Some of the new G.I. Joe toys have been coming with single DVD discs, so hopefully if sales have done well enough, they could give us the series on DVD already.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow