What's new

It's freakin' COLD man! (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Being a French Canadian, I'm usually pretty tough when it comes to snow and cold weather. But what we're going through these days is a bit ridiculous!

It was minus 25 degrees Celsius this morning! That's -13 Fahrenheit to all you metrically challenged.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Now this wouldn't be so bad if the deep freeze only lasted a couple of days; we've had those before and we've survived. But once this wave has passed, the cold weather would have hovered over us for over a week! It's a bit much, even for me.

Does anyone else feel the same way out there?

As for global warming, BRING IT ON!!! :D

Patrick Young

Stunt Coordinator
Yep in Minneapolis, MN the High today was -6 F and the low was -21 F and it has not gotten above zero F in a few days and it is supposed to go down to -24F tonight, although the weather people are predicting a high tomorrow of 8 F.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

So yeah it is COLD. My car does not like starting when it is this cold. BUT at least it has everyday so far!! Quick where is some wood to knock on.

Pat

Jimi C

Screenwriter
It a toasty 7ºF right now in Buffalo. High is 12ºF tomorrow. At least the lake will freeze over soon and the snow will stop dumping on us.

Do you have any clue the temp is with the windchill in MN Patrick?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Here in sunny Hayward Ca. we had a high of 69 and a low of 46. But -6, -21, -13. Man, I don't know how you guys do it :eek: . P.S. I was born in Aberdeen, SD but my family moved out here when I was two.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Supposed to go to 1ºF here in KY tonight. Not as cold as you guys up north, but very cold for this area. It must be global warming. If interested in the current temp here, check out the banner in my sig.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't recall bitter cold air being included in NAFTA. Please keep your cold air to yourself. :P

Currently -15 F here in Vermont.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
We went to -1 here in KC with 10 MPH winds. I don't mind the cold so much when the winds are blowing along with it. We are supposed to be up in the 60s on Tuesday.

This is our second blast of cold air this year but at least this time there wasn't any snow or hail to go along with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even leave the house today: too cold! It's supposed to hit a low of -6° F tonight here in Albany. We're in a valley, so our temperatures are a little higher than the western part of the state - hitting a high in the twenties for most of the week. But that high never lasted long, and we've been sitting in the single digits for most of the week.

The strangest thing about watching the aftermath of that US Air crash into the Hudson was seeing all of the reporters shivering and generally freezing their asses off doing their stand-ups for the story.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Well, it's about 30º here. Celsius. (Nearly 90ºF, I think?)

Kinda boring, it's never colder than 24 even at night, rarely goes above 33 during the day, all year. Although in offices with airconditioning at full blast we sometimes get a somewhat chilly 22...

mylan

Screenwriter
Atlanta, it is going to be 12 F here in the morning. I spent the better part of the day looking for those styrofoam hose bib covers but Home Depot sold over 200 yesterday and no one had any left. I ended up with thin insulation strips, it'll work but it is fuukin cold already. This has been a bitch of a winter so far even without the snow or ice some of you have experienced.

Patrick Young

Stunt Coordinator
Well as I post this the temp at the airport is -16F with the windchill at -29F.
BURRRR. I just got home from work. I let my car warm up for about 20 min before I got in it and drove home. When I started it the seat was like a brick. :frowning:

I saw numerous people who even after 4 days of this and all the black ice we have had. I just have to laugh(after I make sure everyone is ok). ;)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
-17 right now (tho it's 2.30a). I don't care how much crap I get, I'm buying my dog a coat as soon as I can find one. I hate seeing him go outside to do his duty (when the air escaping the house immediately turns to steam) then achingly make his way back to the house.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
It's sitting at -17 F right now (-32 w/c). It's supposed to bottom out at about -24 F (-40ish w/c) around 6 a.m., right at the time that I'm getting done with work. How did those commercials go? It's Brisk, baby!

Bruce

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This is so strange. After a record snowfall in December, Boise has had a warm and dry January, with temperatures in the high 30's and low 40's every day now for the past two weeks. Right now at 4 AM it's a tolerable 32 degrees F.

If you look at a map the jet stream plunges far south a few hundred miles east of us.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
It'll be in the high sixties today here in Florida. I may have to put the top up. BrrRRRrr!!!!!!! XD

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
OK, currently -25 with a windchill of -42 F, tomorrow is supposed to get into the 20 above's, so that's good.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
-9 earlier this morning, with -25 wind chill. It hasn't been this cold in Columbus since 1977! (-13) But honestly, it didn't feel that cold, but there wasn't much wind when I was out. I've been living in Ohio all my life, so I'm used to the cold, even "new" cold. :P

Users who are viewing this thread