What's new

The 2009 American Idol (#8) HTF TOP 10 CHALLENGE: Congratulations winner Larry*P !! (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
(Latest Results at the bottom of this 1st message)

Welcome back to our HTF Top Ten Challenge Series! American Idol started on 01/13/09 and we are going to run another contest (with a DVD/Blu-Ray prize package to the winner!). This edition will follow the format of previous contests in most respects.

Here are the plans: The "Field of 13" will start competing on Tuesday March 10, 2009. Entries are now open and close on that date at 8pm EDT sharp.

As a courtesy to us (and so that we can start to see what type of response there is to this contest) we ask you to submit a PLACEHOLDER in this thread so we can take a rough count. Once you reach the point of actually submitting your entry you may edit your "placeholder" message to list your choices as per the guidelines. There is no obligation to enter even if you submit a placeholder and submitting one doesn't mean you have first pick, etc. All the normal rules will apply.

FYI: Here are the general rules, which are generally consistent with previous HTF TOP TEN CHALLENGES:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Rules":

When the number of contestants is whittled down to 12 entries will officially open. At that time you will be asked to submit a list of your top ten entrants (out of a pool of 13 possibilities.) Entries will close when the "Final 13" start to perform (at 8pm EDT on Tuesday March 10, 2009). Only ONE entry per member.
  • List your top ten in numerical order (1-10). Please use the names as listed on the roster below (when posted).
  • Your list must be unique. No duplicate lists allowed. For duplicate lists, first submission gets that list.
  • Once you submit a list, it is FINAL. No edited lists are allowed (unless your original list is invalid due to a mistake or a duplication.)
  • Scoring is as follows: You are assigned 1 point for each position that your prediction is away from the final position of each contestant. For example, if you predict a contestant to come in 3rd and he or she comes in 7th you get 4 points. If that contestant comes in 12th you get 9 points. A 2nd place finish gets you 1 point. And so forth.
  • Lowest total points wins (with a score of 0 points being the best possible score.)
  • In the event of a tie the contest winner will be the entrant who was the fewest spots away from picking the winner. If it's still a tie, then we'll move down the list and determine who was closest to predicting the second spot, and so on, until the tie is eventually broken.
  • Members of the HTF staff and their significant others are eligible to participate, but only for glory and not for the prize package. All other members of the HTF community in good standing may enter and compete for the prize.
Entries close at 8:00p.m. EDT on Tuesday March 10, 2009. No exceptions please.

Here are a couple of words of explanation regarding this particular contest and the rationale behind the setup.
  • Since there will be 13 entrants still eligible on American Idol when entries open and close, and you are picking a top ten there will be some contestants that you will not be picking. This will not change the scoring as indicated above. You choose only ten contestants and some might not even make it to the top ten (which adds a bit more of a challenge to the contest.)
  • American Idol, as many of these reality shows, is known for its unpredictability so it is quite possible that an ousted "survivor" might return. One season, two contestants were voted off the same night so instead of a "5th" and "6th" position we decided to assign two "5.5" positions for the purposes of scoring. That's why the rules clearly specify the "final" position of ouster for each contestant. It's not over until it's over, and who knows what twists this season will bring? And if there are unforeseen circumstances we will make a determination that will be fair to all entrants as much as possible. (Otherwise we will return your entry fee ;) ).
  • We all know that the descriptions provided by web sites are often misleading (sometimes intentionally I often suspect to make the show more intriguing) and that there is no substitute for actually seeing the contestants and listening to what comes out of their mouths. That's why I provide a bit of a preview period and the deadline won't be until we are down to the "final thirteen". In other words, you get to see who the contestants are and have to select 10 out of 13 remaining. This also lets us see if there are some special situations that we must take into account before making our final choices.
There are probably other things that I haven't thought of but we can deal with them as the show progresses. The one thing that I ask of all entrants (other than making sure that their list is unique) is that you follow the following format when submitting your entry:

01. Contestant
02. Contestant
03. Contestant
04. Contestant
05. Contestant
06. Contestant
07. Contestant
08. Contestant
09. Contestant
10. Contestant

And please use the names as written from the list of "Final 13" as listed below. This will help me when I set up the spreadsheet to monitor the scoring.

Final 13 (in alphabetical order)

Adam
Alexis
Allison
Anoop
Danny
Jasmine
Jorge
Kris
Lil
Matt
Megan
Michael
Scott

Remember that you are free to start submitting your unique list anytime you want. However, realize that once submitted, it's final (unless someone else submitted the same list chronologically before you.) And it just makes sense to wait until after we reach the "Final 13 show since you will know who the "final 13 are. If you jump the gun and submit a list with someone who's voted off earlier then you are stuck with that choice. It is to your advantage to wait until the final 13 are chosen.

Finally (to repeat), in order to get some idea of how many people are interested in participating in this contest I am asking you to insert a "place holder" in this thread for now as a courtesy. This is for tabulation purposes only and doesn't mean that you get to choose first. It's still "first list submitted" in the case of duplicate lists. Later on your "Placeholder Message" will be edited by you to list your selections in order.

Thank you, and let the games begin!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now.
If interested, please add your "Placeholder" to indicate participation and to start the process. Please check back from time to time for additional details. You've got to be in it to win it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
***FINAL*** INFORMATION AS OF 05/20/09

SEE MESSAGE #75 in this thread for details regarding the DVD Prize Package!

HTF Participants and their scores
(Participants in BROWN not eligible for prizes either due to HTF affliliation or voluntarily)
(WINNER'S score in RED) (Final position in PURPLE)

32.0 Aaron Silverman (11)
36.5 David*P (19)
26.0 Phil Taylor (3)
45.5 Lucy Silverman (23)
33.0 Jeff Standley (12/13/14/15)
28.5 AnthonyC (7)
30.0 NYSandy (9)
27.5 RAF (5)
34.0 Brian Toth (16)
47.0 John Swarce (24)
31.0 Scott J (10)
28.0 Quentin (6)
36.0 phil-w (18)
34.5 Elizabeth S (17)
33.0 Bryan X (12/13/14/15)
29.0 Yee Ming (8)
42.0 Parker Clack (22)
37.0 Gwon Chang (20)
37.5 NolanJ (21)
33.0 pitchman (12/13/14/15)
25.0 SuzanneB (2)
23.5 Larry*P (1)
26.5 Patrick Sun (4)
33.0 Chris James (12/13/14/15)

30.0 HTF Consensus Picks (Not applicable - would have tied for 9th)

Spreadsheet (Excel) of all picks available HERE.

Contestants Eliminated and in What Position
Adam Position 2.0
Alexis Position 11.0
Allison Position 4.0
Anoop Position 6.5
Danny Position 3.0
Jasmine Position 12.5
Jorge Position 12.5
Kris WINNER
Lil Position 6.5
Matt Position 5.0
Megan Position 9.0
Michael Position 10.0
Scott Position 8.0

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
01. Allison
02. Danny
03. Adam
04. Lil
05. Scott
06. Alexis
07. Jorge
08. Anoop
09. Matt
10. Megan

**SUBMITTED**

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
1. Alexis
2. Scott
3. Danny
4. Adam
5. Anoop
6. Megan
7. Jasmine
8. Lil
9. Matt
10. Jorge

**SUBMITTED**

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
1. Danny
2. Lil
3. Anoop
4. Alexis
5. Jorge
6. Adam
7. Allison
8. Matt
9. Megan
10. Michael

**SUBMITTED**

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
01. Adam
02. Scott
03. Danny
04. Lil
05. Alexis
06. Allison
07. Kris
08. Jorge
09. Anoop
10. Jasmine

**SUBMITTED**

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
01. Danny
02. Jorge
03. Lil
04. Allison
05. Matt
06. Scott
07. Alexis
08. Adam
09. Anoop
10. Jasmine

**SUBMITTED**

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
01. Danny
02. Adam
03. Lil
04. Alexis
05. Anoop
06. Jorge
07. Allison
08. Jasmine
09. Scott
10. Michael

**SUBMITTED**

Below 10: Matt, Megan & Kris

I'm in. Thanks for organizing this again, Robert!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
10. Megan
9. Michael
8. Scott
7. Alexis
6. Matt
5. Adam
4. Jorge
3. Lil
2. Anoop
1. Danny

**SUBMITTED**

Anthony, I assume you chose Danny to win, right? Your list was 10-1 instead of 1-10 so I want to make sure. If your top choice is really Megan let me know ASAP. - The management ;)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
01. Danny
02. Lil
03. Allison
04. Adam
05. Jasmine
06. Jorge
07. Megan
08. Scott
09. Alexis
10. Anoop

**SUBMITTED**

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
1. Allison
2. Danny
3. Lil
4. Megan
5. Anoop
6. Jorge
7. Matt
8. Scott
9. Jasmine
10. Adam

**SUBMITTED**

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
01. Lil
02. Alexis
03. Danny
04. Allison
05. Adam
06. Jorge
07. Anoop
08. Megan
09. Matt
10. Jasmine

Ka-chow!

Tough call between the ones I like and the ones I think will win. As usual.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

**SUBMITTED**

John Swarce

Second Unit
Here are my picks:

01. Danny
02. Alexis
03. Anoop
04. Lil
05. Jasmine
06. Jorge
07. Scott
08. Michael
09. Adam
10. Allison

**SUBMITTED**

In the spirit of the competition, and taking a cue from Phil-W (who won an earlier prize package for Survivor just before AI Challenge #7 started), I am asking that I am considered NOT eligible for any prize package, since I won AI Challenge #7! I am just in it for the fun of it this time!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
Good luck to all!

--John

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
1. Adam
2. Danny
3. Kris
4. Scott
5. Michael
6. Anoop
7. Allison
8. Matt
9. Alexis
10. Lil

**SUBMITTED**

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks