Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The 2009 American Idol (#8) HTF TOP 10 CHALLENGE: Congratulations winner Larry*P !!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#41 of 90 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted March 11 2009 - 04:21 PM

Good thing I'm not eligible for prizes as my top pick goes down in the first week as America rejects Jorge (and Jasmine). Jorge still has one of the better voices amongst the guys, too bad his popularity wasn't high enough to squeak by another week.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#42 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted March 12 2009 - 03:19 AM

I agree with you, John, about the "Judge's Reprieve" (or whatever they call it) not being used until much later in the competition. Obviously it's there to "save" a Chris Daughtry type from a fickle voting public (although with the rule not being applicable once we reach the "Final Five" that wouldn't have helped Chris since, IIRC, he was voted off after that point). In any event, this new rule can't be used too late in the competition if at all. Its main purpose, in my opinion, is to make the formerly awkward final performance of an ousted contestant a bit more meaningful (at least to the contestant who thinks that he/she can save themselves). Come to think of it, watching Tatiana try to perform/grovel in such a circumstance would have been worth the price of admission in and of itself!

Posted Image

The new rule is a new wrinkle that attempts to keep the competition fresh in some regard. From our contest's standpoint, all it's going to do is to increase the possibility of another double-elimination round with fractional scoring (like this week's 12.5). And that's why I love the decimal point.

RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#43 of 90 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,330 posts

Posted March 12 2009 - 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swarce
What a difference a year makes! Last year at this point, I had zero points, this year....I've got the most! Posted Image

Somewhat likewise: last year I was tied with you on zero at this point, now I'm fifth from bottom. Sigh...

#44 of 90 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 12 2009 - 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF
Obviously it's there to "save" a Chris Daughtry type from a fickle voting public (although with the rule not being applicable once we reach the "Final Five" that wouldn't have helped Chris since, IIRC, he was voted off after that point).

I thought it was pretty funny how they kept mentioning people who wouldn't have been eligible for the reprieve. Did they expect that nobody would notice?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#45 of 90 OFFLINE   Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted March 12 2009 - 05:43 AM

Oh well ... at least my top 5 is still intact.... Posted Image

#46 of 90 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted March 13 2009 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swarce
What a difference a year makes! Last year at this point, I had zero points, this year....I've got the most!
Come on John - you're only TIED for the most points. Give me the credit I deserve. Posted Image

#47 of 90 OFFLINE   John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted March 13 2009 - 03:07 PM

Ok, Scott....I concede to you the top spot, since I can't win anyways. Or is it the bottom spot? Posted Image

--John
"Things you own end up owning you" --Fight Club

You are what you are when no one is looking...

#48 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted March 14 2009 - 05:45 AM

Not to mention the fact that Patrick Sun would be in sole possession of the dubious "last place" option if this had been a single elimination week. His top pick (Jorge) bit the dust during the first vote off! Doesn't bode well for us "non-eligible" folks.

Posted Image

RAF
["PITA" since 1942]

#49 of 90 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted March 15 2009 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
Anthony, I assume you chose Danny to win, right? Your list was 10-1 instead of 1-10 so I want to make sure. If your top choice is really Megan let me know ASAP. - The management

Just saw this--my list is in whichever order helps me score less points Posted Image

But yep, I have Danny as the winner.

#50 of 90 OFFLINE   SuzanneB

SuzanneB

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted March 16 2009 - 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF
Not a good week for the "J's" - Jasmine, Jorge and probably (Michael) Jackson. But a great week for our leader and the only one still standing with a "perfect" score of 00.0 - SuzanneB!

Congratulations young lady! (I can say "young lady" with a certain degree of confidence because at age 66 I'm looking down - or is that up? - at most members here, chronologically speaking.)
Posted Image

Full details at the end of the first message in this thread. The craziness continues next week....

Thanks! "Young lady" works for me as I'm just coming up on the ripe old age of 30 this year. Posted Image Or is it 29 again?

This was a somewhat shocking and drastic change from my dramatic first round showing in the Survivor challenge, haha. Still plenty of rounds to go, though! Good luck to everyone!

#51 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted March 17 2009 - 08:19 AM

30 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (almost)

I have socks older than that! Posted Image Posted Image (And I'm probably wearing them as I type!)

(rimshot!)

Posted Image

None of the "decade changes" have disturbed me up until this point. Maybe in a couple of years "70" will hit me differently. Most people with a "7" as the first number have retired (although the economy is changing some of that).

Seriously, you are only as old as you feel. I was in a store the other day talking about the Grand Theft Auto expansion pack with someone and when they realized that I knew what I was talking about they commented, "You are the oldest dude I've ever talked to who actually understands this stuff!"

The lad made my day!

In classic Ryan Seacrest mode.......

(Peter) "Pan out!"

Good luck in the coming weeks.

RAF
["PITA" since 1942]

#52 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 02:59 PM

Wow! A surprising exit and a lot of people lost a very high pick. SuzanneB continues to lead with a very powerful (for now) score of 02.0. Nobody else is under 10 points at this juncture. Only Jeff Standley and Brian Toth had the foresight to not include tonight's evictee on their lists and SuzzanneB had this person in ninth for very little damage.
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]

#53 of 90 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted March 18 2009 - 04:34 PM

Way to go, Suzanne!

I'm pretty pleased with being tied for fifth (or fourth)...I was stoked thinking Allison was going to go though as she was my choice for 10th...

This is an awesome game! Can't wait for next week!

#54 of 90 OFFLINE   Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted March 19 2009 - 05:49 AM

At least I picked one of them right! Posted Image

#55 of 90 OFFLINE   John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted March 19 2009 - 10:23 AM

Great job, Suzanne! I know how you feel...I had zero points going into the Top 10 last year. Hope the rest of your picks pan out!

--John

#56 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted March 26 2009 - 01:52 PM

No major surprises tonight as the evictee was not on too many players' lists. SuzanneB continues to lead with a score of 07.0 points as the race tightens a bit.
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]

#57 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted April 01 2009 - 03:12 PM

Nothing really unexpected tonight. SuzanneB continues to lead with an impressive total of 7.0. And if she runs the table she has an outside shot of beating the remarkable record of 9.0 set by Dheiner (The "Dheiner Nine").

I'm currently hanging on in second but that's a moot point since I'm not eligible for the prize, only the glory.

Posted Image
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]

#58 of 90 OFFLINE   SuzanneB

SuzanneB

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted April 02 2009 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF
Nothing really unexpected tonight. SuzanneB continues to lead with an impressive total of 7.0. And if she runs the table she has an outside shot of beating the remarkable record of 9.0 set by Dheiner (The "Dheiner Nine").

I'm currently hanging on in second but that's a moot point since I'm not eligible for the prize, only the glory.

Posted Image

Wow, I'm honored to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Dheiner. Posted Image I'm afraid there are too many weeks left for me to keep this up for long, though! haha

Nice job hanging there in second, Robert! Hey, if it weren't for the glory, would any of us be here? Posted Image

#59 of 90 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 02:47 PM

SuzanneB continues to lead with a total of 11.0 points so the "Dheiner Line of 9" is safe for another season. And there is now a five way tie for second place at 14.5 points (although only three of those members are eligible for the DVD prize package.) The race is tightening up substantially as eight (!) members correctly predicted the exiting position of tonight's singer. With seven performers still in the mix and six more eliminations to take place it's still a wide open Challenge.

As always, full details at the bottom of the firstr message in this thread. Stay tuned....
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]

#60 of 90 OFFLINE   John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted April 09 2009 - 03:41 PM

Well, I'm just happy to be out of last place! Thanks, Phil-W!

Looks like those that picked Adam to win it all won't be disappointed. Last week's rendition of "Mad World" was terrific, I thought, and he looks to be sailing into the Finals.

--John

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow