What's new

Arrested Development (1 Viewer)

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
I thought that with the movie being planned, that I should start a thread about this newer classic TV show. Apparently the only thing holding the movie up is Micheal Cera (George Micheal) having not sign up yet. But the rest of the cast has. So lets disscus this brilliant show. And if you don't like it, tell us why.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I read something about this as well. It seems that George Michael (Cera) has blown up since the end of Arrested Development. I really hope he doesn't mess up this film. I guess the could do it without him, but it obviously would be better if everyone was back. I does seem a bit weak that he's holding out on what got him started in the first place.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
This is pretty ironic timing because I just watched the entire series for the first time last week... and then on Thursday Palm had a presentation for their new phone which made lots of Arrested Development references. Some of the contacts in the phone they showed were Tobias Funke and Michael Bluth, and they also searched for "Blue Man Group" over the internet... And now I see this thread here.

I'd heard the same thing about the movie. Do we know for sure that its Cera who is holding up? Is it because he doesn't want to do it, or does he have too busy of a schedule now that he's done a bunch of leading roles?

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

I read somewhere that they don't really know why. It could be all of the above. But he would be one of the easiest characters to write of. George Micheal went to collage, easy as that. But it would be nice to have him back.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This is my favorite show of all time.

I don't really get Cera's holdout, he's played a variation on George-Michael in practically every movie he's done since AD. He can't be playing the awkward teenager forever.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

Well that's the thing. He doesn't want to be known as George Michael forever.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I really hope this movie gets made because nothing would be better than seeing this group together on screen again. :emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

As much as I would like to see everyone back, George Michael is by far not the only brilliant character on the show. So, I really hope that even if they can't get him they make the movie anyway. Like another poster said, he could easilly be written off by being away at college. Cera is nearing the cusp of being a star and I can't imagine he (or anyone else for that matter) is being offered a tremendous amount of money for this film. But on the other hand this is the role that got him noticed in the first place, so it would be kind of lame to blow off.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

I think that even with out George Micheal the movie will be made. Ether way this movie will be gold.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I love the George Michael character, but if he's the ONLY one not coming back the movie will be just fine without him. Hell, as long as you have Gob and Buster this movie is gold. :D

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
During interviews, etc., Cera always seemed pretty down about a movie - saying he'd rather leave it as it is and the DVDs should be enough for people. Even if he doesn't think the movie will be good, with the original creators and cast involved, it doesn't seem like a good enough reason to not do it. So my reasoning has it as more of a "don't want to be typecast" thing though as others have mentioned, he plays similar characters in everything anyway. He also seems pretty busy, but I imagine if he wanted to do it, he'd be able to make the time.

As far as writing out the George Michael character goes, I hope they go the opposite route. It'd be pretty damn hilarious and it'd also fit in with the show's use of self referential humor if they completely recasted the character. Hell, they can even include a few digs at Cera if they really felt he was being a diva or whatever. :D

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I got all excited about this today, my local news said something new about AD on the 11 o'clock news and all they did was confirm what we already know. Apparently Mitch confirmed the movie toady and said that Cera is in fact the lone hold out. I'm trying to find some type of link somewhere in internet land.
I can not wait for this movie.

If they do make this movie I really hope they bleep out the curse words like in the show. I thought it was brilliant and really made the show that much more clever.
I also hope Cera comes around they can not do this movie with out him.

Link: stating nothing we didn't already know, but at least it's a new update.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/01/1...tory-revealed/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks