Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Freebie and The Bean

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   questrider

questrider

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted August 27 2012 - 08:01 AM

This is available as a Warner Bros. "manufactured on demand" to DVD-R. http://www.wbshop.co...rom=availableIn http://www.amazon.co...ie and the Bean I was wondering if anyone from here has seen it and whether it's worth the $20 or does it look and sound (listed as Mono 1.0) horrible? You can also download it for $15. It seems pretty pricey for a 70s movie that probably hasn't been restored whatsoever. I too saw this in the theater as a kid and several times later on in the 80s on cable. Would love to see it again. Especially in 2.40:1. Perhaps I'll take a chance on the download in that it says you can burn it to a DVD (although since I've never done this before I have no confidence in such an endeavor because it's a Windows Media file and I am suspicious that the the Microsoft DRM will wreak havoc).

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Producer

• 3,055 posts

Posted August 27 2012 - 08:10 AM

I bought it way back when they still had the James Caan valu-pak for sale, yet I haven't gotten around to watching it. I'll have a look at it this week.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   jdee28

jdee28

Screenwriter

• 1,013 posts

Posted August 27 2012 - 01:05 PM

I saw the Archive disc. It looks and sounds pretty good. It looks like a new remastering, probably done for TV.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 789 posts

Posted August 28 2012 - 04:38 AM

Buyer beware, the burning to disc option on the download probably isn't what you think. You are literally burning the file to a disc, not creating a playable MOD disc. It's purely for storage purposes.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts

Posted August 28 2012 - 06:21 AM

In the 3.5 years since Reggie W posted his list all of those Caan/Arkin films have appeared on MOD discs, except DEADHEAD MILES.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,510 posts

Posted August 28 2012 - 07:38 AM

In the 3.5 years since Reggie W posted his list all of those Caan/Arkin films have appeared on MOD discs, except DEADHEAD MILES.
Not sure if it's still there, but DEADHEAD MILES has been available for streaming on Netflix Instant...like a lot of the Paramount titles there, it looks to be an old television master they've thrown up on Netflix. For a film that's been nearly impossible to see until then, it's more than acceptable.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   questrider

questrider

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts

Posted August 28 2012 - 03:55 PM

Buyer beware, the burning to disc option on the download probably isn't what you think. You are literally burning the file to a disc, not creating a playable MOD disc. It's purely for storage purposes.

That's what I was afraid of. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users