Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: Friday The 13th Deluxe Editions (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,978 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 10:17 AM

FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT Blu-ray
FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT – DELUXE EDITION DVD
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 – DELUXE EDITION DVD
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 3-D – DELUXE EDITION DVD

Unleashed February 3, 2009 Showcasing Remastered Picture and Sound and New Bonus Features

HOLLYWOD, CALIF. – A trio of terrifying horror classics featuring one of the most indelible villains in film history is coming to DVD as they’ve never been seen before. On February 3, 2009 Paramount Home Entertainment unleashes Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition, Friday the 13th 2 - Deluxe Edition and, for the first time ever in 3-D on DVD, Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition. The DVDs feature a pristine digitally remastered picture and crystal clear 5.1 Surround Sound, plus all new bonus materials with collectible limited edition lenticular packaging. Also, for the first time, terror and suspense abound when a violent killer stalks Camp Crystal Lake in unmatchable picture and sound as Friday The 13th Uncut brings the franchise’s potent mix of suspense and shocking violence to Blu-ray.

Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition features the uncensored version of the film that defined the 1980s slasher film phenomenon. Never before released on DVD in the U.S., Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition features ten hair-raising seconds of blood and gore that was deemed too gruesome for audiences during the film’s original theatrical showing.

A terrifying tale about a machete-wielding killer who carves a grisly swath through a group of teenaged summer camp counselors, Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition stars Kevin Bacon, Laurie Bartram, Harry Crosby, Adrienne King, Robbi Morgan, Mark Nelson and Betsy Palmer. Both DVD and Blu-ray editions include exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus features, a cast and filmmaker reunion and more chilling fun.

The carnage continues in Friday the 13th Part 2 - Deluxe Edition, as Jason emerges from the shadowy woods surrounding Camp Crystal Lake to satisfy his bloodlust with a new crop of campers. Starring John Furey, Adrienne King and Amy Steel, Friday the 13th Part 2 - Deluxe Edition also includes brand new bonus features that add to the horror.

In Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition, Jason wreaks murderous havoc on a motorcycle gang that dares to get between him and his nubile prey. The disc marks the first time this blood-splattered romp in the woods has been seen in all its gory three-dimensional splendor on DVD. The disc comes with 2 pairs of 3-D glasses to ensure an optimal viewing experience, plus a 2-D version of the film. Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition stars Dana Kimmell, Paul Kratka, Nick Savage and Richard Brooker.

DVD and BLU-RAY INFORMATION

The FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT Blu-ray will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 True HD Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes the original theatrical trailer, plus these new features:

• Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast and Crew
• A Friday the 13th Reunion
• Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th
• The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 1
• The Friday the 13th Chronicles
• Secrets Galore Behind the Gore

The FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT - DELUXE EDITION DVD will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes the original theatrical trailer, plus these all new features:

• Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast and Crew
• A Friday the 13th Reunion
• Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th
• The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 1

The FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 – DELUXE EDITION DVD will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes the original theatrical trailer, plus the following all new features:

• Inside “Crystal Lake Memories”
• Friday's Legacy: Horror Conventions
• Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 2
• Jason Forever

The FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 – 3D – DELUXE EDITION DVD will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French, Portuguese and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes:

• 2-D and 3-D versions of the film
• 2 pairs of 3-D glasses
• Original Theatrical Trailer

Friday the 13th Uncut - Blu-ray
Street date: February 3, 2009
S.R.P. $29.99 ($38.99 in Canada)
Runtime: 95 minutes
U. U.S. Rating: NR
Canadian Rating: 18A- Violence

Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition DVD
S.R.P. $16.99 U.S./ $17.99 Canada
U. U.S. Rating: NR
Canadian Rating: 18A- Violence

Friday the 13th Part 2 - Deluxe Edition DVD
Runtime: 86 minutes
U. U.S. Rating: R
Canadian Rating: R

Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition DVD
U. U.S. Rating: R
Canadian Rating: R

About Paramount Home Entertainment
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 12 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,495 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 08 2009 - 10:43 AM

The thread title got my hopes up that they decided to release Parts 2 and 3 on Blu-ray at the last second.

It sucks that it doesn't look like they're porting the commentary for Part III over to this DVD release.

#3 of 12 Chuck West

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 12:13 PM

Parts 2 and 3 are being released on Blu-Ray in the UK on February 9th. I believe Paramount hasn't region locked any of their previous Blu-Ray releases. There hasn't been any confirmation if part 3 is in 3D though.

#4 of 12 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted January 08 2009 - 12:45 PM

It sucks that only the first one is being released on Blu-ray......I'd get all three if they did. Posted Image
Recently watched- Basic Instinct 2, Taken 2, Maverick(1994), After Earth, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo(2009), The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug 3D, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey EE 3D, Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3

"If this is to end in fire...then we will all burn together."

#5 of 12 Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,108 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted January 08 2009 - 01:42 PM

Amazon.com: His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th: Seth Green, Amanda Righetti, Derek Mears, Tom Savini, Travis Van Winkle, James Roday, Judie Aronson, Marcus Nispel, Kane Hodder, Jensen Daggett, Betsy Palmer, Felissa Rose, Daniel Farrands,

That documentary seems to be the best "extra" for the series. I wonder if the sequel Blu's will come when the remake is released.

#6 of 12 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,075 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 08 2009 - 02:17 PM

It could be that Part 2 and 3 will arrive on BD in the US when Warner's BD of the remake is released. If they're coming to the UK there's no reason for them to not eventually make it out in the US.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#7 of 12 MattFini

MattFini

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 02:34 AM

It's a bummer that Paramount is holding on on the sequels.

Parts 4 - 6 are on the horizon for SD ... I assumed those will be out when the remake hits DVD/Blu-ray. So when are they going to get around to doing the sequels on Blu-ray?

C'mon Paramount! Make it happen.
Universal, please release Streets of Fire on Blu-ray.

#8 of 12 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted January 09 2009 - 03:15 AM

Quote:
It sucks that it doesn't look like they're porting the commentary for Part III over to this DVD release.

Yeah, I don't get it either, but at least it looks like these releases will be pretty cheap (except for the BD of the original which is almost double the SRP that the SD DVD version) and it will be nice to finally see it in 3D even thought we'll have to settle for Red/Blue
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#9 of 12 Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted January 15 2009 - 10:47 AM

I do have to say that the 3D version of JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH was the absolute best anaglyphic transfer I've ever seen. No ghosting whatsoever and perfect 3D effects. So, it is possible to make a decent anaglyphic disc. I have yet to see any other 3D DVDs that match it, though. POLAR EXPRESS is a mess. The two Robert Rodriguez flicks are okay, but not perfect. Everything else I've seen has been watchable, but just barely. Hopefully I can retire my red/blue VHD conversion that I have of FRIDAY III. It works better than a lot of conversions, but it still is far-from-perfect. It's a shame that field-sequential 3D won't work on digital televisions. The newer 3D method that works with some high-end projectors is nice (from what I've heard) but it's hardly affordable for the average person (me).

Sorry. 3D nerd rant. I've just been thrilled with the recent 3D renaissance. Posted Image
---------------------------------------------
Support Film Preservation before it's too late!
---------------------------------------------

#10 of 12 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,873 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted January 15 2009 - 10:52 AM

As have I. I can't wait for some of the 3D features coming this year, like Up and the Toy Story conversion.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#11 of 12 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,994 posts

Posted January 15 2009 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, the thread title had me fooled too.

I'm going to buy the Blu-ray of F13... and I'll also pick up Part 3 because I want the film in 3-D. But if they think I'm going to cave in and get all the other chapters on SD again, they've got another thing coming.

#12 of 12 Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted January 18 2009 - 04:19 AM

Is the Blu-ray of "Friday the 13th" codefree???
Some websites said it´s a Region A disc, some others said it´s codefree...

Who knows the answer????