Prom Night, Speed Racer
X-Files: I Want To Believe

Worst Career Achievement:
Uwe Boll
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer
Madonna
Keanu Reeves
Sylvester Stallone

Stallone has 6 nods. I loved Rambo. The other listings deserve it. What do you guys think?

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
Absolutely no way on Speed Racer or The X-Files.

It's hard to tell with some of the actors/actresses because I don't know off the top of my head which movie they're being nominated for. Some of those people put out a couple films this year.

I think Kate Hudson has completely spent all her goodwill from Almost Famous by now, if not more so. I'm pretty sure Bride Wars won't do her any favors.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
They aren't even trying anymore.

Chalk me up as another that loved Rambo.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
RAmbo and Speed Racer were 2 of my favorite movies last year :frowning:

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't think that's fair on Stallone. It was funny in the 1990's but he's proven himself with a mini comeback on both Rocky Balboa and Rambo. It's just their own bias.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
They just try to stir up controversy. I have not seen most of those movies, but I'm sure whatever Paris Hilton was in deserved these honors.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
They didn't nominate 88 Minutes for worst film? Then what's with all the nonsense about Pacino and his hair? That's the movie where all that came from.

And Reese Witherspoon? That has to be for Four Christmases, which is laughing all the way to the bank (and she's fine in it).

Ditto for "any couple from Mamma Mia!" It's a hit. Get over it.

I liked The Happening, but I realize I'm in a distinct minority.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm used to it. If I'd had my way, Batman Begins would have been at the top of the list for a Razzie. And don't get me started on the sequel. :P

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
List is bogus. HSM3 wasn't great, but it was kids faire and did well. Mamma Mia was a monumental success and worked with the audience it had. Rambo was -not- terrible, and this is from someone who thought it was "eh".

This list blows everything:

IJ4 was a major box office success, and yes, I enjoyed it a lot. Probably my favorite outside of Temple of Doom. It really fit the genre very well I thought. X-Files was decent, not bad.. The Women as terrible? Eh, mediocre at worst, but again, I can think of some real crap this year that didn't make the list.

Only "The Love Guru", which in my opinion is one of the most offensive movies I've seen in a while, really deserves the thrashing. A lot of this is just for the shock and fun factor but in no way reflects quality anymore.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I enjoyed THE HAPPENING as well so perhaps it's just a Michael thing.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

As for this list. That so-called critic Ben Lyons is finally getting attacked across the internet (months after I was doing it) and the Razzie's have turned into a media whore like him. I remember when these guys use to REALLY go after bad movies but now they are just throwing "big named stars" out there to draw attention. I've yet to see Cruise or Witherspoon's new films but I doubt they are worse than any of the performances in PROM NIGHT or countless other bad horror films I watched last year. Of course, nominating an unknown isn't going to get their name in the papers but going after an Oscar winner will.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Judging from your reviews, I'd say we both share a taste for B movies that aren't afraid to be shlocky. It's when they take themselves as Serious Art that I start fidgeting and mutter things like, "Someone please put Christopher Nolan back on a tight budget!" ;)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Why aren't 10,000 B.C. Babylon A.D. and Max Payne on the list? They were far worse than poor old Rambo.

Hmmm Speed Racer was really a childrens film so it may be unfair to pick on it. The Happening on the other hand... eee and Day the Earth Stood Still was not much better, mercifully both films just sort of fizzled out around the 90min mark. :P

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It is just another subjective list. Some of it I agree with and some I don't (ex. Rambo and Speed Racer). I agree that a lot of lists are made up of people and projects that could not be called the worst of 2008. They are only named in order to draw attention to the event.

Meet the Spartans absolutely does belong on there though. Personally, all of the actors from that movie should have been nominated as well.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
These are just a preliminary nomination list. Remember, they don't announce the real nominees until the day before the Oscars are announced.

~T

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
What was Cruise nominated for? If Valkyrie, I can't comment since I haven't seen it yet, but if for Tropic Thunder, I'd say the man deserves a "best cameo" type award, he was absolutely hilarious! And was so cast against type that it was a brilliant performance. IMHO.

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce
Shouldn't "You Don't Mess With Zohan" be at the top of this list? That was one of the worst movies I have seen in a very long time.

edit - nevermind, that movie was 2007. However, I really think it was bad enough that it should be nominated again for 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks