-

Photo
- - - - -

Waiting on: Blu-Ray music disks.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Rakie

Rakie

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted January 06 2009 - 04:10 AM

Anybody else here waiting for music BD to really start showing up ? There's one or two here and there but a lot of music I listen to doesn't have the budget for HD filming and true high quality sound. (I listen mostly to Death Metal and Tech Metal)

Also, I can't find any music BD's really floating around, anybody have a list or site where I could browse some that are currently available ?

#2 of 4 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,696 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 06 2009 - 02:44 PM

Right now, concert dvd's are your best bet. I just bought Rush's Snakes and Arrows BluRay and it sounds fantastic!
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 4 Marc Colella

Marc Colella

Screenwriter

• 2,607 posts

Posted January 07 2009 - 01:57 AM

I'd like to see more Blu-Ray music-only discs, but I'd be happy enough with more Blu-Ray concerts. Like SACD, Blu-Ray music-only discs will be a very niche market - so I'm not expecting much of a push.

Pioneer announced yesterday in the press for CES that it will be demonstrating Blu-Ray as a new hi-rez format for audio. Again, I don't think a lot will come of it.

I think they next step for audio and video will be moving away from these silver discs and moving towards flash-based/solid-state media. Hi-Rez audio will probably still remain niche regardless of the format.

#4 of 4 Greg_R

Greg_R

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted January 07 2009 - 05:30 AM

Reference Recordings sells DVD-Rs of ultra-high resolution recordings (playable from a computer)... it's their HRx line. Reference Recordings in the News