What's new

Biggest Loser - Season 7: Couples Discussion (merged) (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The newest season of Biggest Loser starts January 6, 2009!

This has to be the quickest turn around season in the history of the show, as last season just ended a few weeks ago. I'm not complaining, as I love the show. Hopefully the ratings will continue to do well and they will keep making the show season after season.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The new season started last night and boy was it full of suprises. So far this is the heaviest season ever!

So far I like all of the contestants and I hope that we don't have a repeat of last years drama.

What did everyone else think?

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed last nights episode. I too really hope we don't have a new Vicki/Heba meltdown like last time.

I can't believe that 19 year old weighed in at 454 pounds. That's just huge. He's got a long road ahead of him, but I think Jillian is going to beat a bunch of that weight off of him right away.

I thought sending 9 home was a little harsh to do right away. Hopefully it works out. I think the reason the show doesn't become dull is because it constantly tries to change things around. If it had the same formula all the time, I think they'd lose viewers.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Last night was actually the first episode I ever saw.

And, I really enjoyed it.

I think I'll be watching next week.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Matt: I also think Jillian is going to whip that kid into shape. I think it will be amazing to watch his process/progress.

I was a bit confused as to why they sent 9 home right away, but I do think it is a great way to switch things up season after season. I like that they change things up.

Did allison already have her baby?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I was thinking maybe they broke up most of the groups to avoid the drama from last year. Now it's much more on losing the weight than anything else.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Watched bits and pieces, not the entire show but may stick with this one.

The 454 lb. kid was definitely shocking. That's almost triple my current weight. Even at my worst, I wasn't even half his size.

When you say they dropped 9, does that mean a single person, as in contestant #9, or 9 people all at once?

I've always found it hard to watch because it's so annoying the way they drag out the show for two hours. I'll start recording it and could probably condense it to about 30 minutes.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator

They dropped 9 contestants at once, which I found a bit extreme. It should be interesting to see if they can manage to lose the weight at home without any training.

I can't wait to see the next episode.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
You never know with this show - but in the past, we have seen what has happened to these early droppers - and they have brought back the top one or two of them to compete later in the competition. Most of the time, this becomes an us (people in the house) verses them (people re-joining) battle game. You never know what they are going to do this year that follows this pattern.

I find that it is now just too drawn out now to be worth watching, with the weigh-in's being especially painful. Weigh in person one, then person two - then preview of some big event in the weigh-in with close-ups of reaction shots (commercial break) - back from break - weigh in 1 person or perhaps two, then another commercial break....most of the time these big reaction shots are just teasers and there really isn't anything that big going on.

These past couple of seasons, it gets really annoying with the game play to the point of making me turn it off. Someone gets immunity somehow - then proceeds to drink and/or eat tons before their weigh in, so they have an advantage in a future weigh-in. Then there are those who are just trying their best every week - will hit a week where it just doesn’t come off - and then get voted off by the game players. This new season may be different, but I didn't watch the first show so I guess I won't know...

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Sorry that I have'nt given my comments so far this season. The premiere episode last week was a good one. I was dissapointed when it was revealed that all the contestants were not going to have the advantage of being able to be on the ranch for the entire season. However, this season and the previous were probably shot at similar times. Since the host Aly, who was very pregnant three weeks ago didnt look that pregnant last week - they were probably filmed around the same time the season 6 contestants were in New York. I could be wrong, but it's just a guess.

I'm definately rooting for the bigger kid to win the show. I see a lot of myself in him, as at my highest weight, I was only 40 or so lbs 'lighter' than he was.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I really think that somehow Tara, who had immunity, did something, (like drink a lot of water just before), to where she only showed the 1 pound loss. Thus making the weight gain that much easier the next week. Either she thought it on her own, or someone told her to do it. As hard as she worked, and winning that challenge, it just doesn't seem likely she would have only lost 1 pound. Hardly anyone else had such a low number. Heck, even the people running the show could have told her to do that or even Jillian might have, knowing it would improve her odds the next week.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I'm pretty sure she was up to something. I guess if you really want to stay, you have to pull out all the stops and use the tools you get to your advantage.

I was sorry to see Jerry leave so quickly, but it looks like he and his wife did a nice job continuing their weight loss. They were right though. The 19 year old definitely needs to be there more than he did.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Outside of the Green (The models) and the Pink team this seems like such a nice group of contestants--especially when compared to last season's group.

I think the decision to send away nine of the players so early into the season is a shame. Erm, the show is called Biggest Loser: Couples!

As so many of us shave noted in prior threads, the show is motivational in allowing us to watch the changes the contestants make over such a short period through extreme dedicated exercise & diet techniques. The "game" part of the show is also interesting. So, by eliminating nine of the players right off the top seems to take away from the whole idea of the show.

I understand some of them (four, I guess) will be back. But what a shame contestants like Estella didn't really get a chance to feel the impact of the Ranch.

BTW, didn't Jerry look absolutely great in his clip at the end of the show? Talk about inspirational! :emoji_thumbsup:

Allison had her baby just last week. She sure didn't look pregnant to me at the temptation (the $25,000 challenge)...but they were shooting her EXTREMELY tight at the weigh-ins...so I guess I was mistaken about her at the challenge! :D

And, meanwhile, the daughter on the pink team has gotten in a bit of trouble.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
From the thread above - it appears they will be bringing some of them back based on who is left in the house, and not strictly based on a challenge or weight lost during their time away...

" in a surprise twist; however, if her mother stays in the ranch for 30 days, she could be sent back to the show"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They made it clear on the show. The nine go away...and whoever has a partner left after one month will be invited back into the game to re-couple.

It just sucks that we won't see their progress (or lack thereof) for that month AND...for those who don't come back (like Estella) it just sucks that she basically gets gypped out of the experience for the most part.

=============

Oh. And we mustn't forget Bob's meltdown this week. Pretty intense. But, to be fair, he couched it in terms of Joelle's lack of focus since she agreed to stay and work hard while her partner (who really wanted to stay) had to go home and hope that Joelle stays in the game to be able to come back.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yep, I don't like Joelle much. All thru the show, after the challenge, the way her attitude was, I kept saying, she should have just took the $25,000 and left.

So as of right now, it is possible for as many as 8 of the contestants who left to come back. Since there are still 4 from the 2 teams that did not send someone home. It is possible 3 of them could go and all the others could bring back those 8 partners.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And while you never know how things are going to go, it really seems like black & brown (the two teams with all four players left) are pretty strong and have an awful lot of weight to lose. Them boys is big (along with orange!).

======

And you know what...I would have been awfully tempted to take a quick $25k myself...but not after jumping thru hoops to get on the show AND begging to stay with my teammate (to whom I would have felt compelled to give half of the $25k).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
That's the thing.. take $25k seems a lot less when you divide by 2 and take out taxes. You've now just taken less then $7500 to look like a fool on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks