What's new

Scrubs - Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
What??? The Todd's Banana Hammock is gone??? Sacrilege!!

No high five for Disney/ABC. :frowning:

I wonder if they'll be allowed to talk about Turk's ball?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've seen more promos for "Scrubs" on ABC this month than I saw on NBC in the entirety of the show's run there. Banana hammock or no banana hammock, ABC gets a "Actually Gives a Damn" five from me.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll shoot in widescreen for season 8. I was kind of shocked to see the dvds of season 7 were in old 4:3 (and I assume it was broadcast like that too). Anyone heard?

Roger_R

Second Unit
It was either the season 5 or season 6 finale that they shot in HD. Afterwards they decided to go back to 16mm in 4:3 because they liked the look.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Interesting info, Roger, thanks for sharing. "Scrubs" definitely feels like a 4x3 show to me, so I don't mind it.

If the show continues next season with different characters, though, it might be the right time to switch to 16x9 High-Def.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Though it seems that both episodes will be repeated Wednesday evening at 8 PM.

Neil

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
both are repeated wed night and this show is now in widescreen HD.

the first ep was funny enough but sheesh what a tough second one and
even though it was a downer it was one of the best of the series.

I doubt it will happen but i hope we get at ;least 2 ABC seasons.

Still a great show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Solid second episode, but weak season premiere. I feel like the regulars are already being shifted aside to make room for the stars of ABC's spin-off for next season. I also hope that the Janitor is not really gone.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
No info available on the Janitor from IMDB as they only have the two episodes we saw listed. I doubt he is really gone. I didn't feel that the regulars were really shifted aside in the two episodes. It didn't seem any more so than with any other intern class coming in.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Thought it was a strong start to the season and much more in the tone of it's hey day where the dramatic elements were tastefully done and the comedy wasn't as slapstick as it had become in seasons 5 through 7.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

No way he's gone. Since Courtney Cox is only around for the first few episodes of the season, I'm guessing once she leaves they will find a way for Dr. Kelso to replace her (maybe some sort of loophole?) and of course bring back Janitor.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
There's no way the janitor can be gone....I'm sure we'll see him finding ways back into Sacred Heart! So glad the show is back.

Zachary - thanks for posting that video. One of my fave eps!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I loved JD & Turk's "Steak Night" song and dance.

Jo & Blair. Ha!

I thought Courtney Cox slid in really well with a long established cast. One thing Scrubs has always done really well is to utilize their guest stars to good effect.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
As opposed to last week which was preempted by inauguration activities there are really supposed to be new episodes tonight.

ABC just announced that starting March 18 that Scrubs will be moving to Wednesday night at 8 PM where it will be paired with "Better Off Ted" at 8:30 PM. (On Tuesdays, ABC will having its Dancing results show.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks