What's new

Satellite Internet Questions (1 Viewer)

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I need a little input on the subject of satellite internet service.

I'm about to move into a new house in the country and I don't have access to cable internet and I doubt DSL is available. I'm going to check on the DSL before I get into the satellite option.

Does anyone here have satellite internet and if so what are your experiences? Which one do you have? (Hughesnet and Wild Blue are the two obvious - maybe only - choices.)

I wouldn't mind trying either one to see how they work but if I understand correctly you have to sign a 2 year contract with them and if you're not satisfied I guess you're just stuck.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
You might also check with local ISPs and see if any offer wireless broadband which is much cheaper and faster than satellite. You can also check into wireless cards from your cell phone service provider (assuming you have a cell phone). If you are in a high enough speed area, you may try that route. Also, depending on what type of cell phone you have and your service speed, you may be able to use your phone as a tethered modem which can range in speeds from 250k to 512k, depending on your network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks