Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: The Nanny: The Complete Third Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,493 posts

Posted December 23 2008 - 06:51 AM

Fran Drescher Stars in Emmy Award®-Winning Comedy Series
Where Blue Collar Meets Blue Blood

THE NANNY:
THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON

Available March 17 in a Three-Disc DVD Set With All 27 Episodes Including the Animated “Oy to the World” Holiday Episode

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (January 5, 2009) – The Nanny: The Complete Third Season makes its DVD debut March 17 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Emmy Award® nominee Fran Drescher (TV’s “Living with Fran,” The Beautician and the Beast) stars as Nanny Fran in the popular CBS comedy series about the nasal-voiced flashy girl from Flushing Queens who moves in with a proper British millionaire widower and his three kids. Charles Shaughnessy, Daniel Davis, Lauren Lane, Nicholle Tom, Benjamin Salisbury, Madeline Zima, and Renee Taylor also star. The three disc set contains all 27 episodes including the animated “Oy to the World” holiday episode, and will be available for $39.95 SRP.

Fran Fine (Drescher), having just lost her job and her boyfriend at the same time, first appears on the Park Avenue doorstep of the wealthy widowed Broadway producer Maxwell Sheffield (Shaughnessy) peddling cosmetics, but quickly takes advantage of his mistaken assumption that she’s applying for the position of nanny for his three children. Fran joins the household and immediately becomes attached to the Sheffields. With her offbeat nurturing style and no-nonsense honesty, she touches the lives of the entire family and helps restore the warmth and happiness that had been lost upon the death of their mother.

The Nanny premiered in November 1993 and was dubbed as a ‘90s version of “I Love Lucy.” Airing for six successful seasons, The Nanny was nominated for 12 Emmy Awards®, winning in the second season for Best Costume Design. In addition to the entertaining cast, guest stars this season include Emmy Award winners David Letterman (TV’s “Late Show with David Letterman”), Alex Trebek (TV’s “Jeopardy!”), Milton Berle (It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World), Jane Seymour (TV’s “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman”), Rosie O’Donnell (TV’s “The Rosie O’Donnell Show”), and Academy Award® winner Elizabeth Taylor (1966, Best Actress in a Leading Role, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?).

SYNOPSIS
This season Nanny Fran (Drescher) continues to wreak havoc for her boss Maxwell Sheffield (Shaughnessy) and his family. Fran goes on a dating spree in order to deal with the news that her ex-boyfriend has gotten married, hosts a wild sweet sixteen birthday party for Maggie (Tom), and joins "Shoppers Anonymous" to seek treatment for her out-of-control shopping habits. The Sheffield family, Niles (Davis), CC (Lane), Fran's parents and Yetta (Ann Morgan Guilbert) join Fran and Val (Rachel Chagall) on a cruise to the Caribbean and the season ends with Mr. Sheffield professing his love for Fran when he thinks their airplane will crash.

BROADCAST YEAR: 1995 - 1996 (CBS)

DVD Special Features Include:
· Full Screen Presentations
· Audio: English, Portuguese
· Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese
· Bonus Previews
· Closed Captioned

The Nanny: The Complete Third Season Episodes Include:

Pen Pal
Franny and the Professor
The Dope Diamond
A Fine Family Feud
Val’s Apartment
Shopaholic
Oy Vey, You’re Gay
The Party’s Over
The Two Mrs. Sheffields
Having His Baby
The Unkindest Cut
The Kibbutz
An Offer She Can’t Refuse
Oy to The World
Fashion Show
Where’s Fran
The Grandmas
Val’s Boyfriend
Love Is a Many Blundered Thing
Your Feet’s Too Big
Where’s the Pearls
The Hockey Show
That’s Mid-Life
The Cantor Show
Green Card
Ship of Fran’s
Pup in Paris

The Nanny: The Complete Third Season has a run time of approximately 607 minutes is not rated. Artwork is available at Welcome to SPHE Connect. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at Sony Pictures.

DVD Catalog #18006
UPC Code: 0-43396-18006-2
Order Date: 2/12/09
SLP: $39.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,877 posts

Posted December 23 2008 - 07:16 AM

Wow! The 3rd season of Barney Miller, and now this. Sony is making a comeback.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   whisperintherain

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted December 23 2008 - 08:25 AM

Awesome piece of news, although I had a hint it was coming as this season has already been announced for release in R2 in March. I love this show and hope the following three seasons will eventually make it to DVD.
Bring these sets on!

Knots Landing: Seasons 3-14 - The Nanny: Seasons 4-6 - Peyton Place : Episodes 65-514 - Picket Fences : Seasons 2-4

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   MichelleB

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted December 24 2008 - 12:56 AM

Best news ever!!! Posted Image
Now if they could just release the rest of Who's the Boss?...
Shows I Want on to see on DVD:
- Who's the Boss? Seasons 2-8
- Law & Order: SVU Season 9
- The Nanny Seasons 4-6
- Taxi Seasons 4-5

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 614 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 27 2008 - 06:45 AM

Wonderful!!!!!!!!

Great as I am to receive the wonderful news of this box set coming to pass at long last...I am even happier that I will be receiving a new addition to my Christmas TV lineup in this collection: the renowned "Oy To The World" episode which is animated!!!!!!!

I look forward to watching the "Oy To The World" episode Christmas Eve 2009 (along with The Nanny's Christmas Show from Season 1)--as well as the rest of the episodes upon arrival on March 17, 2009!!!!!!! Posted Image

I have a feeling that viewing "Oy To The World" will be worth the wait for nearly another year. I know the Cosby Show Christmas episode was for me this year as well, waiting to view it upon discovering it in the box set this past February after I had purchased it on December 1, 2007!!!!.
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D