Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What DVDs has Santa brought you?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 of 54 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 03:49 AM

Ok everybody, as you know there is a "Special" day occuring this week. (Thursday if you want to be specific!) Posted Image Anyhow this rather portly fellow will be doing his rounds the night before, and he'll probably have PLENTY of DVDs to give to all of us good Boys and Girls here at DVD Land!Posted Image So let's hear from all of you. What DVDs has the Big Fellow delivered to you? Posted Image

PS I am on his "Late List", so I wont be able to post my list until Saturday! (I'll be out of town for the Holiday!) Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,704( 733 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,379  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#2 of 54 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,431 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 22 2008 - 03:53 AM

It's not a TV DVD but I know I'm getting Death Proof and Planet Terror on Blu-ray.

I'll report back in a few days with any other discs that are surprises. Posted Image

#3 of 54 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,486 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 04:18 AM

I know that I will be receiving from my parents the Blu-ray release of "The X-Files: Fight the Future" and two DVD sets of "Rick Steves' Europe".

#4 of 54 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,021 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 05:12 AM

Seasons 2, 3, and 4 of ENT.

I'm also getting The Brady Girls Get Married, The Brady Brides (seven episodes), The Brady Bunch Variety Show / Brady Bunch Hour (nine episodes), the special pop-up edition of The Brady Bunch, and The Brady Kids (twenty-two episodes from the animated series). Posted Image
ockeghem2.jpg

#5 of 54 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,297 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted December 22 2008 - 05:31 AM

I bought some DVD's that I had to hand to the family so I could get them for Christmas - at least I'm getting what I want; "Son Of The Beach" box two & "The Fall Of The Roman Empire"

It's good that Santa keeps the status quo going by giving the rich expensive presents, & the poor cheap ones.

#6 of 54 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 22 2008 - 07:47 AM

Here's the ones that I think will be on the sleigh that has a scheduled landing time of 02:00 CST Posted Image

I DREAM OF JEANNIE S5
PERRY MASON S3 V1
UNTOUCHABLES S2 V2
LOVE BOAT S1 V2
HONEY WEST COMPLETE SERIES
ADAM-12 S2
THE MUNSTERS COMPLETE SERIES
LOONEY TUNES COLLECTION 6
WB GANGSTER COLL V4 (Movies)
LONE RANGER 75th ANNIV SET
LASSIE 50th Anniversary Set
DONNA REED SHOW S1
ROUTE 66 S2

"You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town"

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#7 of 54 bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 07:47 AM

My sister Michel got me "The Streets of San Francisco" #1-1.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's original opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1985 season, Jim Nantz's debut)

#8 of 54 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,722 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 08:01 AM

Mission Impossible season 5, Hawaii FiveO season 5, Father Knows Best season 2, McHales Navy season 4, Stargate Atlantis season 4, The Get Smart movie. That's all I know about right now.

#9 of 54 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Here's the ones that I think will be on the sleigh that has a scheduled landing time of 02:00 CST Posted Image

I DREAM OF JEANNIE S5
PERRY MASON S3 V1
UNTOUCHABLES S2 V2
LOVE BOAT S1 V2
HONEY WEST COMPLETE SERIES
ADAM-12 S2
THE MUNSTERS COMPLETE SERIES
LOONEY TUNES COLLECTION 6
WB GANGSTER COLL V4 (Movies)
LONE RANGER 75th ANNIV SET
LASSIE 50th Anniversary Set
DONNA REED SHOW S1
ROUTE 66 S2

"You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town"

I Hope you've reinforced your roof (I spent all day reinforcing mine), it looks like he's carrying quite a load! Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 33,704( 733 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,379  :biggrin:  Serial Chapters - 1,102 :B)

#10 of 54 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 22 2008 - 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I Hope you've reinforced your roof (I spent all day reinforcing mine), it looks like he's carrying quite a load! Posted Image

Posted Image I think it'll hold up ok. Santa's getting my outgoing "freight" business this year as well. Have to help maintain his Noth Pole Depot operating costs Posted Image

That's the great thing about us DVD-collector types. Shopping's a breeze for us, right? Posted Image

#11 of 54 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,057 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted December 22 2008 - 09:45 AM

Recently, I've used money gotten for the upcoming holiday to pick up seasons 1-3 of Drawn Together, 1+2 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and the three Paramount Centennial releases, Sunset Blvd., Roman Holiday, and Sabrina.

#12 of 54 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 22 2008 - 09:57 AM

I recently bought but haven't opened Stargate Atlantis S1. I believe I'll be getting SG-1 S9 and S10.

#13 of 54 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 01:10 PM

I gave my sister three titles to choose from for my present so will either be Ghost Whisperer - Season 1, Dirt - Season 1 or Carnivale - Season 1. Will let you know which one it is. Might also be getting Mamma Mia and Halloween (2007) as writing a dissertation on original Halloween and have to write about the remake

#14 of 54 Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 01:26 PM

Dr. Horrible and Alien Apocalypse so far from Secret Santas.

#15 of 54 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,643 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 22 2008 - 11:43 PM

I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll get Black Adder the Complete series and the Voyagers! Complete series. If I don't get these I'm going to the North Pole and have it out with that fat jolly old elf, toot sweet! Posted Image Non-DVD, I want sugar plumbs. Never had those and I just want to know what the hell they taste like.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#16 of 54 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted December 23 2008 - 12:25 AM

I usually get a small handful of DVDs each year. Usually through-out the month as I get the majority of them from friends... and they usually want me to open them when I get them. So I already got what I am sure will be the majority of my DVDs already. Though I am sure I will see at least a few more on Christmas day. But so far I got...
    [*]Pumpkinhead 4: Blood Feud[*]Hostel Part II[*]Batman: The Movie: Special Edition (1966)[*]I am Legend[*]Category 6: Day of Destruction[*]Category 7: End of the World
I should be able to reply sometime Christmas Morning with the remainder of what I get this year (sure my daughter will have me up bright and early.)

#17 of 54 Matt Fig

Matt Fig

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted December 23 2008 - 02:06 PM

The first DVD haul for me was the 10th anniversary limited edition of "The Big Lebowski" (bowling ball case).

#18 of 54 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,195 posts

Posted December 23 2008 - 11:35 PM

I had intended to post this on Sunday AFTER I had returned from spending CHRISTmas with my Sister's family in Ohio. Unfortunately shortly before I left home my Computer Posted ImageDIEDPosted Image! So as soon as I get home I'll have to take it to the shop to get it fixed. Posted Image

However, here's my "Santa List"!Posted Image

Get Smart!
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
The Incredible Hulk
The Rat Patrol
Quark
The Munsters
Lost in Space
The Outer Limits
Honey West
Defenders of the Universe
The Adventures of Blackstar
Prince Valient

Seasons 1 & 2 of Route 66
Season 5 of Mission Impossible
Season 5 of Hawaii Five-O
Season 7 of JAG

Merry CHRISTMAS to everybody!

#19 of 54 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 24 2008 - 12:04 AM

William,

That's a great list there Posted Image Lot of very good shows on it.

That's a bummer about your PC. I guess we've all been there before. I've only had 1 "crash" since I had my current PC.

Sounds like you made it to Ohio ok with all that northern-tier weather going on.

Have a Merry Christmas with family!

#20 of 54 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,600 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 24 2008 - 03:38 AM

I generally tell the friends and family not to get me movies. However, the BF was very sly and I know he got me two of the older Walt Disney Treasures. I already got $100 in Best Buy gift cards, so chances are I'll be splurging sometime this weekend.

However, I am much more excited about what I'm giving. My co-worker and my best friend both got Mamma Mia. My sister is getting the new Sports Night set, the BF's father gets John Adams and the BF is going to get Keeping Up Appearances and Beverly Hills 90210 S4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow