What's new

The Neverending Story (2 Viewers)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
With its 25th Anniversary coming up in '09 does anyone know if Warner intends to put out a special edition for The Neverending Story? I heard they are doin one for Gremlins and Goonies (though not sure if they are going to be anything different from the DVD version), just wondering whats in the future for this classic 80s movie.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
We may see an import release for it (ala the current BD version of Goonies) but I haven't heard anything about a Region A release next year. Considering the age of the current SD release (released 11/2001) there is a good chance at least for another SD re-release.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Cool! Hadn't seen that anywhere yet. Any word if the PQ/AQ make it worth picking up?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Any idea which version of the film is included on that German Blu-ray disc? I would have expected it to be the unreleased-in-the-U.S German cut, but I believe that cut has only ever been available dubbed into German, whereas the listing for that BD mentions only English audio. Is it the same cut that's always been available in the U.S., or is it the alternate German cut with English audio?

Or am I just wrong about the various versions of the movie?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

It sounds like it has a passable transfer with lossy audio and no extras. I'm not sure what cut of the film it is. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen this film before.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
The audio choices available on the BD release mimicks that of the DVD release from Dutch FilmWorks back in 2003. That DVD is the US/International cut and not the longer German one so the BD would be the same in that regard.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
HighDefDigest.com just posted their review of the import and it wasn't very favorable...

Link

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I hope this movie gets a good 25th anniversary edition this year... I hope Warner is reading this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks