Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater Setup options and recomendations

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Mumps

Mumps

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted December 21 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hi all,

I have what I believe is a very outdated home theater system.

Receiver:
Kenwood KE-V9080

Amp:
Kenwood GE-7030

My speakers should be fine. They are old Paradigm speakers. 5.1 setup.

My question is, I am entering the HD age. And I know the receiver is NOT capable of handling HD, as it is well before the time of HDMI.

Whar are my options for replacing it? How much am I looking to spend? I will be buying a new LDC HDTV after Christmas. I will be using my Laptop as my blu-ray player (it has the drive, and HDMI output)

Thanks!

#2 of 4 Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted December 22 2008 - 05:06 PM

Hi Shawn.

A line of receivers that has been getting nods from magazines and users alike for its tons of features for low price is the Onkyo TX-SR 505, 605, 705 receivers. They start at about $380 and go to about $600. They may be cheaper because the updated 06 series is out.

#3 of 4 Mumps

Mumps

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted December 25 2008 - 11:41 AM

Thanks! I will see what that brand has to offer. All I need is a new receiver to get my home theater setup to work.

#4 of 4 hockeymask

hockeymask

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted December 28 2008 - 07:31 AM

I think the Denon 1909 is a pretty good A/V receiver. I read as much as I could before I bought it a week ago. 6th Ave Electronics had a good deal for $449 with discount code. This included free shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users