Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any HTF'ers at the DARK KNIGHT BD Live Event tonight?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#81 of 82 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,872 posts

Posted December 21 2008 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller
If Warner would take suggestions on how to make this work, here is what I would offer.

First, it should be audio at least. Might not work (need some filter and you don't want to hear him say, "I won't answer that")
Have everyone send in their questions beforehand, then, have the moderator come up with an outline of what and when to ask.
Leave room for live questions but only real ones. Have some text saying [LIVE] to let everyone know.

The BD Live tech allows them to pause, ff, rew, etc. I expected it to be similar to the Simpsons BD, like he would pause it and prep everyone on what is going to happen (i.e. Batman fans, look at the name on the file cabinet) then resume.

In other words, I expected a live director's commentary, not a Comic con presser. Posted Image

This is the first one, I'm sure they will get better.

Agreed in general. Audio (instead of text chat) would provide a far better presentation than what we saw. Actually, if they would even present the text in a quality more like good subtitling, that would've helped a lot. The relatively low contrast presentation of tiny text just didn't work at all for me.

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#82 of 82 OFFLINE   OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,688 posts

Posted December 23 2008 - 02:09 AM

Wow, what a great transcript !
Seems like Nolan still does like the idea to work with film which is encouraging.

I agree about using audio, much better than Nolan having to type all this, he could answer more questions in the same time.