What's new

KNOTS LANDING 2 Coming...FALCON CREST???? (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Now that KNOTS LANDING is coming in 2009, lets hope all of those who were BEGGING for it, BUY it and allow fans of FALCON CREST to start collecting and enjoying their favorite series again.

C'mon KNOTS LANDING fans. You asked for this...NOW BUY IT!!! Please. WB is basing their release of FALCON CREST on your purchasing KNOTS LANDING Season 2.

Hope you were serious about buying this series.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
As long as it costs less than £18 with postage, will get it straight away or I may have to wait for it to come down to that price

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

This still boggles my mind, why they can't base Falcon Crest on it's own merits i will never understand.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I would imagine that with years of TV sales data, WB can reasonably estimate the sales of one series based on another similar title from a similar era. I doubt that it's an exact science but I assume that's the reasoning in this situation.

EDIT: Before anyone goes crazy and tells me how wrong that is, I'm not saying that that's the correct way of doing things- just that that's what I think their thought process is.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

No Worries, I will not go crazy. I believe that is what they are indeed doing myself. I just wish they would acknowledge they are doing so in knowing the fanbases are entirely different for both shows.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
Just adding my two cents here, because I want to make it clear that us KNOTS LANDING fans are more than willing to buy this new release, with several people from another message board where I post even planning to buy several copies. In doing so, we obviously first and foremost want to see the following seasons of KL released.

While we sympathize with you FC fans, let it be clear that if Warner end up unsatisfied with how many units sell for KL Season 2 (which I sincerely hope won't be the case), their idiotic decision that FC's potential release depends on KL's success will be to blame, NOT us KL fans.

Let's also not forget that they never committed to releasing FC if KL sells well, they simply said they would consider it. It is to me an obvious ploy to make you FC fans buy KL, which I find unfair because you may well not like it. I realize it is a bad situation they put you guys in. Speaking for myself, if I'd been told I had to buy DALLAS to get KNOTS LANDING, I probably would have but my copy would have ended up on eBay new and sealed on the date of purchase.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
whisperintherain: nicely said!

I think they are missing the boat as Dallas obviously has sold very well and it was mainly Dallas fans who watched Falcon Crest which aired right after.

I am going back n forth whether i want to pick up Knots Landing. I would have to start by getting S1 though. I was not planning to collect this. But who knows perhaps after all these years i may like it. As i do enjoy Desperate Housewives and that seems to get compared to Knots often. But i am not sure if that is only because of Nicolette Sheridan or if there are actual similarities.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I actually prefer Knots Landing to Dallas, but still hope Falcon Crest gets a release too

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I loved Knots, and there were a few seasons where it far surpassed all other prime time soaps IMHO. But it took a while to get there. Anyone new to it cannot base anything on the first 2 seasons. Season 3 started to get it all together and but it didn't really kick into gear until after that.

I've given up on this. I will not buy Season 2 because, like season 1, it's pretty bad and WB will never finish the series. I bought S1, which I loathe and then I was stuck with it and no further seasons when WB dropped it. I can't do the same for 2 or 3 more seasons until the series hit it's stride.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Well, I see the release as a sign of hope for FC and my show, which is owned by Fox. On a related matter, since Shout! Factory is now going into the Fox vaults, can Peyton Place be next on their list? It could be a possibility....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks