What's new

Help - Accentuate the Positive - which movies other than L.A. Confidential? (1 Viewer)

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
This is driving me crazy. Okay, so I am already crazy, but, well, you get the point.

I was singing this song the other day, and my friend and I swear this song was sung in a Disney movie. I know it was in L.A. Confidential.

Does anybody know if this was in a Disney movie, or any other movies?

Thanks a bunch!

Leo

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks lots Leo!:D
Driving you AND me crazy. As I was working on this I pretty well convinced myself that it was the bear in Jungle Book. And just a while ago I mentioned the subject to a friend and she said, "Mogly{sp?) Jungle Book."
But, instead of Louis Prima, I'm hearing Phil Harris. Can't seem to document any of this. There seems to be no available soundtrack for Jungle Book.
Jim

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
You're welcome, Jim. *mumbles something about misery loving company*
I too thought of Baloo the bear singing to Mowgli, but the official soundtrack listing does not have this song. Then I found a lead that it might be in Song of The South. The little web nugget I found seemed to associate Uncle Remus w/ the song. But that was a dead end, as I was able to find precious little on SotS on the web. Even the Disney site hardly has any info on that movie.
I do remain confident that someone out there in HTFland has the proper info. If nothing else, I can force the rest of you to join Jim and I:)
Leo

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Dunno about the Disney connection, but Clint Eastwood sings it on the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil soundtrack.
BTW, the song Baloo sings to Mowgli is "The Bare Necessities."
"Look for the, bare necessities
the simple bare necessities..."
Dang, now I'll have that running through my head all day. I guess it's better than "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." :p)
Oh yeah, here's a link to The Jungle Book soundtrack.
Link Removed

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dunno about the Disney connection, but Clint Eastwood sings it on the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil soundtrack.
I'm sorry but that was the funniest track I'd heard in awhile (since the Shatner priceline tunes). My boss comes in because she loved the book and got the movie soundtrack and says "You gotta listen to this..." :D

Eric Dahl

Auditioning
The song is used in the Brendan Frasier/Alicia Silverstone comedy "Blast From The Past" as sung by Perry Como. Other than that and L.A. Confidential, I have no idea.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks