What's new

California Dreams seasons 1 & 2 coming! (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to the guys at TVShowsOnDVD.com The 90's tv show California Dreams is coming to dvd March 31st. Shout tv is releasing the show with extras.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'm surprised the guy who has this in his signature hasn't posted about this. He probably hasn't overcome from the shock. :D

"California Dreams" hasn't aired in syndication in a long time, so I'm very happy Shout! is releasing it and that there will be extras.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
In the past month, I've written "Forgotten TV" entries about CALIFORNIA DREAMS and MR BELVEDERE, only to have them announced soon after posting.

Chris, the same magic hasn't worked for GOING TO CALIFORNIA. Posted that story months ago and nothing. Any chance of a tie in with season 2 of OCTOBER ROAD?

LCD22

Screenwriter

Jon, it was someone else I was thinking of. I did read your entry on "California Dreams" and saw the one for "Mr. Belvedere". There is one in your "Forgotten TV" that I'm still fighting to get a DVD release, which I am a huge fan.

Not sure about a tie in for "Going to California" when "October Road's" second season is released. I'm not aware of one.

Did you ever get a chance to watch "Life on Mars"?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Never did. Maybe if it makes it to DVD.

The cover art for CALIFORNIA DREAMS is up at TV Shows On DVD. Looks good.

Tabetha

Agent
I'm just wondering, do we know for sure that these are going to be the uncut versions? If so then I'm definitly getting this dvd.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Ooo--good question. I however don't think that the syndicated versions were actually cut. They always seemed complete to me--anyway, the episodes were only about 20 minutes anyway, so it's less likely they were ever cut. Anybody know anything different? Anyway--it's nice to see that the set has good participation from its creators--thereby further reducing the likelihood of a "Mama's Family"-type fiasco... ;)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ba-boom! I am about halfway through the set so far.

Sure, it's a bit 80-ish (even though it was made in the early 90's) and very cheesy, but still fun to watch.

I know the 1st season was suppose to be about the family, but it sure seems like the producers weren't sure what to do with those characters (outside of Matt and Jenny).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks