Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The Matrix 10th Anniversary Single Blu-ray Book Version

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,840 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 02:08 AM

The Matrix Celebrates 10th Anniversary
with New Single Blu-ray™ Book Version
from Warner Home Video March 31

37-page Collectible Contains Essays, Trivia and Photos

Burbank, Calif. December 15, 2008 – The Matrix, the film Entertainment Weekly called the #1 Sci-Fi Film of the past 25 years and a staple on countless other Top Ten Sci-Fi lists, celebrates its 10th Anniversary with a new single Blu-ray book release on March 31 from Warner Home Video and Village Roadshow Pictures. The film will be released as The Matrix 10th Anniversary Blu-ray™ Book, packaged in a collectible bonus book that includes 37 pages of insightful essays, trivia and photos. Previously only available as part of a collection, this new edition of The Matrix includes the In-Movie Experience and a digital copy for use with Windows Media and iTunes.

The Matrix 10th Anniversary Blu-ray™ Book will sell for $34.99 SRP. Orders are due February 24, 2009.

The Matrix follows the trials of Neo (Keanu Reeves), a young computer programmer, searching to determine the deepest reality of a post-Apocalyptic world. His journey uncovers a web of deceit and massive computer-generated illusions obscuring the truth. As Morpheus (Lawrence Fishburne) says to Neo, “No one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.” The same is true for this mind-blowing movie which was a worldwide box-office sensation when it debuted in 1999.

Special Features (standard definition):
In-Movie Experience
Commentaries
Written introduction by the Wachowski brothers
Philosophers commentary by Dr. Cornel West, Ken Wilber
Critics commentary by Todd McCarthy, John Powers, David Thomson
Cast and crew commentary by Carrie-Anne Moss, Zach Staenberg and John Gaeta
Composer commentary by Don Davis with music-only track
The Matrix Revisited
Behind The Matrix
Making The Matrix The Dance of the Master: Yuen Wo Ping's Blocking Tapes
The Bathroom Fight and Wet Wall
The Code of the Red Dress
The Old Exit: Wabash and Lake
Agent Down
But Wait- There's More
Take the Red Pills
Follow the White Rabbit
Audio
The Music Revisited
Marilyn Manson Music Video Rock is Dead
Trailers
The Matrix teaser
The Matrix trailer
The Matrix TV spots

The Matrix 10th Anniversary Blu-ray™ Book
Street Date: March 31, 2009
Order Due Date: February 24, 2009
Catalog No.: 1000042991
Pricing: $34.99 SRP
Feature Running Time: 136 minutes
Rated: R

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 14 David Wilkins

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

• 823 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 02:17 AM

I'm glad to see the original in a stand-alone release. The Warner "book" packaging doesn't bother me.

February is shaping up to be a fine but expensive month. As I type, it's -7, with a -30 windchill, so February is shaping up to be a fine month to watch every one of those scheduled releases.

#3 of 14 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,840 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 03:29 AM

Finally!

Under no circumstances was I purchasing the expensive trilogy
set as the second two Matrix films were horrible.

Thank you Warner for finally giving us the opportunity to purchase
the single Blu-ray release.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 14 Shawn.F

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 04:04 AM

+1 on the thanks to Warner re: an individual release of the first film on Blu-ray.

#5 of 14 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
Finally!

Here, here...I'm so happy we can buy this thing separately. Great job, Warner!!! Although I wish they'd jettison the "book" packaging. I can see this thing getting trashed over the years not to mention that the back paper insert (glued on the back) contains all of the pertinent film info (like running time), so you have to keep it as well. I've had to do that on JFK and Shawshank so far and it's really bothersome. They need to just print it on the back of the book like any other release BR.
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#6 of 14 Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 05:24 AM

Why not!
They know its gonna sell.
"The Matrix" which helped usher in the SD DVD era deserves it.
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#7 of 14 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 07:31 AM

I'll second Ron's decision.

Matrix rules
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#8 of 14 ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Warner!

I don't hate the sequels but I don't really like them either. I have no plans to upgrade them any time soon. I will, however rebuy the original Matrix.

#9 of 14 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,300 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted December 17 2008 - 10:02 AM

^ Exactly my opinion! So I'm happy about this.

I do like those "book" cases too. However, I wish they'd make the back cover sheet a size that one could put completely *inside* the book after opening the package (without folding it).

#10 of 14 Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor

• 823 posts

Posted December 18 2008 - 03:49 AM

Hmm...tempting. I already have the Matrix Collection...on HD-DVD. Might be worth a repurchase to have the first film by itself on blu. While I rather like the second one (for its action scenes), the third film really goes off the rails, IMO.

--Jefferson Morris
"If fakes, they were masterpieces."

--The New York Times commenting on Willis O'Brien's dinosaurs in The Lost World (1925).

"From the two trailers I've seen, the movie looks like AIDS."--Recent thread post on AICN

#11 of 14 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted December 18 2008 - 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
Finally!

My sentiments exactly. Thank you Warner. Although, why March? The disc's are already done, should have been a slam dunk to get it out before Christmas.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#12 of 14 Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,329 posts

Posted December 18 2008 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-P
My sentiments exactly. Thank you Warner. Although, why March? The disc's are already done, should have been a slam dunk to get it out before Christmas.
Me too. As for March, my guess is Warner knows this will sell plentyof copies, so rather than 'make it easy' for consumers to buy this as a Christmass prezzie, consumers have to buy less popular titles for the holidays, since this will sell regardless of when it comes out.

Alternatively, being 10 years old, it could be viewed as a 'catalog' title so they'd rather get the new movies out, e.g. Dark Knight, for the holidays, being the latest and greatest. Or to smooth out revenue streams, since TDK is going to sell millions anyway?

#13 of 14 Rocky F

Rocky F

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted December 19 2008 - 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-P

Well, the very title of the release answers this question. It's the 10th Anniversary release, and the 10th anniversary isn't until next March. In fact, a March 31st release puts it EXACTLY on the 10th Anniversary of the film's theatrical release.
Rocky

#14 of 14 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,520 posts

Posted December 20 2008 - 04:22 AM

First saw this mentioned in Home Media Magazine just after the boxset was released. I wasn't real interested in upgrade the entire set but individual titles (atleast the first two movies) suits me much better.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

Back to Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow