What's new

Exporting Itunes playlist greyed out and didnt transfer? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have a playlist on my imac that didnt transfer when I copied over my library from the imac to the mac pro, yet my other playlists did.

I also see that my File, Library, export playlists option is greyed out.

Googling is no help on this one, anyone got any ideas?

ErichH

Screenwriter
Did you allow the setup assistant to move things over during first boot on the pro, or was it a copy?
You could target boot the iMac (firewire) and just drag the files into place. Any DRMed iTunes music needs to be de-authorized first and re-authorized after the copy.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No, the machines are in different rooms and connected via wifi rather than Firewire. I didnt use the transfer assistant cause it only wants to use firewire and that wouldnt have worked for me. I probably should have figured out how to do that, but I just moved everything using USB drives....

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got it to work, tho the solution didnt make sense. I had to 'open' the playlist, then it let me export it to a text file, i emailed the file to myself, downloaded on new machine then imported and it works like a charm.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks