What's new

"I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" may be coming! (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
If my recollection is correct, this was being shopped around a few years ago. Looks like they're going the independent releasing route ala "Steve Canyon" and "Sky King."

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Who owns the show? Why can't Leonard Stern pay for the conversion to DVD and release the show himself? He must have enough money with his credits and track record. The Smothers Brothers paid for and released their show on DVD. I'm just curious why he doesn't market it himself if he thinks it has potential. Also, I'd sign the petition but it's not on the page that asks you to sign a petition - just sign up for a newsletter. Sorry, I'd just sign the petition. I have fond memories of the show and would like to see it released.

Mobro

Auditioning
Real Name
Maureen
I had totally forgotten about this treasure - these guys were great! Brings back fond childhood memories.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's great that he'd fight for this show, but I'm more interested in two later shows Mr. Stern made: He & She and The Governor and J.J.- why hasn't he done anything to get those shows out on DVD?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Me, too. Strangely enough, my favorite show that season was the hour-long sitcom "Fair Exchange," on Fridays at 9:30 on CBS. To occupy myself during the preceding hour, I watched "The Flintstones" and "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" on ABC.

It would be great to recreate those Friday nights, although they no longer make the brand of potato chips I ate during the shows. But I can't recreate it all without "Fair Exchange," and I guess the odds of that one coming out on DVD are close to zero.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Stern himself should own it, via his Heyday Productions company. Heyday produced Operation Petticoat, now seen on RTN stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks