Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" may be coming!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted December 11 2008 - 05:45 AM

As revealed at TVSoDVD today. Here's the campaign website:

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

One of my favorite "lost" shows!

#2 of 9 Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted December 11 2008 - 05:56 AM

If my recollection is correct, this was being shopped around a few years ago. Looks like they're going the independent releasing route ala "Steve Canyon" and "Sky King."

#3 of 9 docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted December 11 2008 - 05:58 AM

The pilot (in three segments) is here:

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster - Featured Episode

#4 of 9 Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,223 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted December 11 2008 - 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdoowop
As revealed at TVSoDVD today. Here's the campaign website:

I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

One of my favorite "lost" shows!

Who owns the show? Why can't Leonard Stern pay for the conversion to DVD and release the show himself? He must have enough money with his credits and track record. The Smothers Brothers paid for and released their show on DVD. I'm just curious why he doesn't market it himself if he thinks it has potential. Also, I'd sign the petition but it's not on the page that asks you to sign a petition - just sign up for a newsletter. Sorry, I'd just sign the petition. I have fond memories of the show and would like to see it released.

#5 of 9 Mobro

Mobro

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 14 2008 - 12:51 PM

I had totally forgotten about this treasure - these guys were great! Brings back fond childhood memories.

#6 of 9 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,879 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 03:13 PM

It's great that he'd fight for this show, but I'm more interested in two later shows Mr. Stern made: He & She and The Governor and J.J.- why hasn't he done anything to get those shows out on DVD?
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#7 of 9 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,001 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobro
I had totally forgotten about this treasure - these guys were great! Brings back fond childhood memories.
Me, too. Strangely enough, my favorite show that season was the hour-long sitcom "Fair Exchange," on Fridays at 9:30 on CBS. To occupy myself during the preceding hour, I watched "The Flintstones" and "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" on ABC.

It would be great to recreate those Friday nights, although they no longer make the brand of potato chips I ate during the shows. But I can't recreate it all without "Fair Exchange," and I guess the odds of that one coming out on DVD are close to zero.

#8 of 9 Susan Nunes

Susan Nunes

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Ellis
It's great that he'd fight for this show, but I'm more interested in two later shows Mr. Stern made: He & She and The Governor and J.J.- why hasn't he done anything to get those shows out on DVD?

Add Run Buddy Run to that list.

#9 of 9 Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic
Who owns the show? Why can't Leonard Stern pay for the conversion to DVD and release the show himself?

Stern himself should own it, via his Heyday Productions company. Heyday produced Operation Petticoat, now seen on RTN stations.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow