What's new

I'm bummed cuz it seems like a drought for good movies this holiday season.... (1 Viewer)

DominoDeja

Auditioning
Real Name
Deja Prime
I mean okay Twilight was pretty good but I'm not looking forward to seeing Tom Cruise in an eye patch lol. Though I hear he did a great job in that film.

Why such the big drought of good movies this holiday season? Am I missing something? Is it because of the economy?

Anyone know of some great movies flying below the radar that I should check out?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I guess it depends on your definition of "good movies" and, in some cases, the size of the release of the oscar bait.

But in any case, here's a short list:

- The Day the Earth Stood Still
- Yes Man
- Bedtime Stories
- The Reader
- Revolutionary Road
- Milk
- Doubt
- Gran Torino
- Frost/Nixon
- Slumdog Millionaire
- The Wrestler
- Seven Pounds
- Valkyrie
- The Spirit
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Defiance

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I saw this on a link through imdb. Damn financial concerns get in the way.

It seems that these films that would ordinarily go here are in fact in the can, but are being held into the new year so that these studios balance sheets look better when they have to report them to the stockholders. Long term they won't have any more or less cash then they would otherwise, but short term, they gotta keep those books in the black (if that's even possible now) up until year end.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
there's still lots of great stuff coming out, Punisher is in the theaters and we get The Spirit x-mas day... oh.... I see what you meen... ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
We should have been getting Star Trek XI and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. But...Nooooooo!!! ;)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
yeah I think it all depends on what you're looking for. Personally I thought Synecdoche, NY was great and I have high hopes that The Wrestler and Curious Case of Benjamin Button will be among the best films of the year.

I'm not personally interested in Milk or Doubt but those are supposed to be very good as well.

I'll probably go see Yes Man and bedtime stories with my kids and those look relatively decent for the type of movie they are trying to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks