-

Photo
- - - - -

Digital Copy of I Am Legend Won't load onto a Mac

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 10 2008 - 08:41 AM

I tried to load the digital copy of I Am Legend and it won't do so. I opened the disc and tried various items in it and I keep getting the dialogs stating "can't find DVD_Authentication page". I'm not an expert but it seems that this is for Windows only and not a Mac. Anyone else having problems with this?

Brad
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#2 of 11 Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted December 10 2008 - 09:29 AM

HiDef Digest claims it is iTunes compatible, which means Mac or PC. It does have to use iTunes to connect to a server somewhere for authentication.

Perhaps there is a network connection issue?

I have done a few of these, and there were a few issues getting connected.

Brian

#3 of 11 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 10 2008 - 10:00 AM

Hi Brian,

I've done several myself with no problem until now. Ot seems that it can't connect to a server somewhere out there. I'll keep trying.

Brad
From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down.

#4 of 11 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 01:21 AM

So have you managed to get the copy loaded onto iTunes? I have a sealed copy of this set and want to be sure that there is one. Windows compatible is basically worthless to me as their 'plays for sure' crap is useless on a PSP. I'd like to at least be able to put this on an iPod. Otherwise, I may just return this set back to the store.

I've read conflicting information about this set.....some say it's iTunes/Windows compatible, others say windows only(including the HTF review) while others don't even bother to mention specifics of the digital copy. I want to be absolutely sure before I open this thing.
Recently watched- The Walking Dead: Season 4, Lost: Season 2, Dracula(1979), Lost: Season 1, True Grit(2010), Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2

"Namaste...and good luck'."

#5 of 11 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 11:53 AM

No, Joseph, I can't get it to load into iTunes on my Mac. I suspect it is iTunes/Windows only.

Brad

#6 of 11 Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Vautrinot
No, Joseph, I can't get it to load into iTunes on my Mac. I suspect it is iTunes/Windows only.

Brad

That can't be right. No way Apple would allow a DC that works only on Windows based iTunes.

No doubt there is a problem here, but I can't believe that it would not work on a Mac. I vote bad disc or some other issue not specifically related to the fact that you are on a Mac.

Brian

#7 of 11 Maurice Verploegen

Maurice Verploegen

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted December 16 2008 - 01:58 PM

Nope, same problem here. I have a PC with iTunes. And iTunes is definitely not recognizing it. I think it is the same as the "Dark City" title. I have been able to load all of my digital copies on to iTunes with no problem. Except for "Dark City", and now "I am Legend". Not quite sure what the problem is. But if you look on both BD's it only states PC and Windows. Normally it also states iTunes or iPod/Phone. When anybody finds out more. Or how to fix it, please let me know.....

#8 of 11 Bob Spears

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 04:25 AM

Make sure that you have the latest system and iTunes software. Then do a repair permissions with Disk Utility.

#9 of 11 Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted December 18 2008 - 08:45 AM

Hi Bob,

I have the latest O/S for my Mac(s), have the latest iTunes, and have repaired permissions. Still no go. The best I can get is:

Safari can’t open the page “http://dds_authenticate/” because it can’t find the server “dds_authenticate”.

Also, there is NO mention of iTunes or Mac on the insert that contains the authorization code. I still feel this is for Windows only. It won't show in iTunes under the Devices section.

Brad

#10 of 11 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted February 07 2010 - 03:24 AM

I have the same issue with the new Star Trek movie.  But what I found on the disk is a DMG file.  With this movie, I opened the DMG and launched the APP inside it.  This is working.  Hope this helps.

#11 of 11 hampsteadbandit

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted February 07 2010 - 06:28 AM

I lent my buddy my Star Trek digital copy (from the Blu-Ray set), and for love nor money, he could not get it work on his Mac

I then installed it on my PC, and it ran first go....