Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Movies in 3D

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 of 105 tbaio

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Malcolm R 

I saw Captain America in 3D and it was completely unnecessary. I've been trying to avoid 3D shows, but this was the only one that fit my schedule so I reluctantly bought a ticket. It was a waste of money. I'm done with 3D. If I can't find a 2D show, I'll Redbox the blu-ray.

Malcolm,

I was almost a victim of seeing this movie in 3-D as well; in fact, I was looking forward to seeing it in 3-D. Luckily I happened to read an early review which stated that the 3-D was non-existant & useless.  I totally understand your dissappointment.  However, there have been some very good 3-D films.  Don't give up completely yet.  Before seeing a 3-D movie, first check to see if it was actually shot in 3-D & read reviews for it.  Its a shame this has to be done, but you don't want to end up dissappointed again.

#102 of 105 tbaio

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted September 10 2011 - 05:26 AM

Did anyone see Shark Night 3-D??  Dumb movie, but the 3-D used was outstanding.  Thus far, both this film & Final Destination 5 are hands down the best movies to utilize 3-D in quite a while.  I'm hoping Immortals can do the same.

#103 of 105 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,360 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 10 2011 - 06:05 AM

Did anyone see Shark Night 3-D??  Dumb movie, but the 3-D used was outstanding.

Yeah, the underwater P.O.V. shots gave them alot of opportunities to have levels of depth which looked good. It's too bad they can't make better movies that properly utilize 3-D.

#104 of 105 tbaio

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted September 14 2011 - 09:23 AM

Yeah, the depth/emmersion effect was done well, but the many scenes of projected dimension are what got me.  The shrapnel from the explosion, the cookie-cutter shark sequence & when the shark is blasted in half at the end were my favorite scenes.  It seems horror movies & cartoons are the only films with any courage to try native 3-D.  I think these films have lots of great opportunites to utilize the format, but it would be nice to see either an action, sci-fi or war movie have the honors as well.  With many scenes of explosions, schrapnel, etc., I think the movie would be hit with the audience.

#105 of 105 montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor

• 541 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 01:37 PM

People who like 3D better ask for a small raise...:D http://boingboing.ne...l#disqus_thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users