Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Clint Eastwood: American Icon Collection (Feb 10) from Universal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bradley-E

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts

Posted December 05 2008 - 03:49 AM

With over 50 years in show business, Clint Eastwood has established himself as a film legend by creating memorable characters and directing enduring movies. Now, four of his most unforgettable films are available together in the Clint Eastwood: American Icon Collection. Featuring some of his most diverse roles, this set brings you the thrills and excitement of Play Misty for Me and The Eiger Sanction (both also directed by Eastwood), as well as the riveting intrigue and passion of Coogan’s Bluff and The Beguiled. Showcasing the career of a true Hollywood star, the Clint Eastwood: American Icon Collection is a must-own addition to any film library. Disc 1 Play Misty For Me Run Time: 1 Hours and 43 Minutes MPAA Rating: R Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (English), Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (French) Subtitles: English SDH Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) Color Bonus: Play It Again...A Look Back At Play Misty For Me The Beguiled, Misty, Don and Clint Clint Eastwood on DVD Photograph Montage Clint Eastwood Directs and Acts The Evolution Of A Poster Theatrical Trailer Production Notes Disc 2 The Eiger Sanction Run Time: 2 Hours and 9 Minutes MPAA Rating: R Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (English), Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (French) Subtitles: English SDH Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1) Color Bonus: Production Notes Theatrical Trailer Disc 3 Coogan`s Bluff Run Time: 1 Hours and 35 Minutes MPAA Rating: R Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (English), Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (French) Subtitles: English SDH Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) Color The Beguiled Run Time: 1 Hours and 45 Minutes MPAA Rating: R Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (English), Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (French) Subtitles: English SDH Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) Color Bonus: Production Notes Theatrical Trailer

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Son of Nothing

Son of Nothing

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted December 05 2008 - 11:11 AM

I'll probably pick this up since I don't own any of these yet (apart from VHS).

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,575 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted December 05 2008 - 01:13 PM

Look for Changeling to be released the same day, seeing as how it's distributed by Universal.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 09 2009 - 04:31 AM

I read somewhere on a 'net review that the previous release transfers were ported over for this release but I'm wondering about that since, correct me if I'm wrong, the original Eiger Sanction release was not anamorphic.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 705 posts

Posted February 09 2009 - 10:33 AM

I believe the Eiger Sanction was non anamorphic as well, but is on this collection - looks pretty good too.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Mariners

Mariners

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted February 09 2009 - 11:00 AM

I might have to pick this up. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users