What's new

Infocus IN83 or JVC DLARS1X (1 Viewer)

flwrpwr

Auditioning
Real Name
Lane
Trying to decide on an Infocus IN83 or JVC DLARS1X. Both are breaking the budget and I want to know if the JVC would really be worth the extra grand.

Please tell me which you would choose and why/why not...

I have pretty much narrowed my decision down to one of these two brands so if you have another model that you think is as good or better for some reason, please say so.

frankFF

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank Fanucci
I have a older Infocus 7205. Love it! It is a little noisey starting up but at the time I purchase this projector it was what I could afford.
Not disappointed. Sharp and clear picture. Never had a problem with it and it is about six years old.
Would I buy a Infocus product again? Could not give a definite yes or no.
Reason. There support is overseas'. Disappointed. They are very hard to understand.
When I first purchased this 7205 there support was in Oregon. Beautiful Oregon. Service excellent.
I recently called support because I want to but a blu-ray player. They told me in two different conversations with two different people that I would NOT get picture using a blu-ray player. If I did it would only last a couple of days???? Crazy answer right.
I finally called a dealership who carries Infocus and they told me I could use a blu-ray with the 7205 but since it is 1080i I would have to change the menu in the blu-ray to 1080i.
The difference I was told is undetectable.
The HD picture that I receive thru Comcast cable is beautiful. That is at least the quality I will be getting with blu-ray.

Hope that this information helped.

flwrpwr

Auditioning
Real Name
Lane
I finally got a side by side comparison and decided to break the bank and go with the JVC. The picture was superb and with the proximity of the projector to the seating, the JVC proved to be much quieter.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks