What's new

Infocus 7205 Questions (1 Viewer)

frankFF

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank Fanucci
Hello,
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I have not posted here in a while.:frowning: Hope that I can get a REAL answer.
I have a Infocus 7205 projector
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
which when looking at it's specs I believed it has the capability of 1080p using HDMI and a Sony 550 Blu Ray player (in the process of acquiring).
I called Infocus and there support personnel was very hard to understand.:angry: I thought that all I would have to do is buy an M1 adapter to HDMI for the rear of the 7205, run my HDMI from my Processor to the projector and I would be in heaven.:D
Not so according to Infocus support. :frowning:
According to them I would not be able to display any picture using a HDMI cable to the 7205.:frowning: My only choice would be to use component with the Blu Ray.
There web site carries HDMI cable and the M1 adapter for my projector yet I would not receive a 1080p picture?

If it is true about the use of the HDMI cable with the 7205 how good will a 1080p display be with component?

Thanks Frank
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the 7205 is a 720p projector

I am 99% sure it will not accept a 1080p signal via HDMI or component. You will have to feed it 1080i. It should accept it via HDMI or component and there should not be a difference in the quality of the picture (HDMI vs component), or not significant anyways.

Good luck!!
Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks