What's new

the Dark Knight colors the Home Theater Forum. (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I Think I like this color scheme.
My vote is for it to stay as a color option.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't, as usual... The "you have a post in this thread" and "new posts in this thread" icons are very tough to see. Aside from the gigantic billboard up top, though, the actual arrangement is nice - more compact than usual.

Eagerly anticipating the usual post from Ron about how we should be grateful.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I stopped in cause i saw Tony and Travis, causing trouble. I have no opinion, other than i like bright backgrounds, so i can type in the dark. Use the HTF as a nite light.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
You can switch back to the regular skin by choosing the "white" option at the bottom of the page -- which I did immediately. Having worked in web design during the early days of the internet I just can't stand a dark background anymore. Throw in some MIDI music and then we'll talk.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I cant see what i type with the black skin!?

Yep, couldnt see a thing as i was typing it. I have a hard enough time with typos and clumsy fingers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

I wish we could keep all the different color options for the skins that Parker puts together. I likes choices! :D

I think they've all stuck around except for Iron Man.

I gave the Dark Knight skin a try but, unfortunately, found it a bit disorienting. But that could just be me. I'm definitely going to be giving it a few more test runs at different times to see what I think. It sure is a dramatic change, for sure.

Fun!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's the best, most professional of the tie-in skins, but I think black backgrounds give me eyestrain more than light backgrounds for some reason. No big deal, as I didn't even know about this skin until I saw this thread. It definitely looks like one that should stick around, even if the Batman images are removed.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I don't like it at all. The Dark Knight skin started giving me a headache trying to read it after only a few minutes. I generally don't like dark background / bright text.

Anyway, in another feedback thread, Parker pointed out the ability to choose what skin we wanted, which I didn't know we could do. So I immediately went back to one of the "regular" skins.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Despite it supposedly being easier to read, I really dislike bright text on dark backgrounds when I'm doing a lot of reading. But it's no big deal, since we can switch back to the preferred setting.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I loke the movie tie-in skins and hope to see more of them in the future! Dark background with white text is the absolute worst color combination ever developed for readability, but it is great for saving power on CRT monitors.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've already seen at least one instance of someone posting white text (I'm assuming for the dark background on their end) yet it remains white on the lighter backgrounds (on my end). Now THAT'S very hard to read!

I hope that doesn't become a problem with the new skin.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I think the use of a different font (perhaps Tahoma) and the use of bold face would make all the difference. I like the white (and blue for links) against the black background but must agree with previous members that posting is a bit trickier, and currently the font is hard to read for those of us who haven't a decent (i.e. expensive) monitor.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Oh come now lads, haven't you heard? Black is the new black. :P

Funny thing is I recently changed my Firefox browser theme to 'Glowyblue' and this new skin fits so well. :D

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8889

It's a cool skin, I like it, the best of the tie-in themes so far. But eventually I will get tired of it and go back to my beloved white skin.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i dont mind the changes for a few days, but ANY website thats white text on black drives me nuts. after about 10 minutes of reading stuff if i look away i have ghost images in my eyes and it just really messes with me. a real strain on the eyes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I like it. For some reason the white text on black is very soothing to my eyes, very easy to work with. I've always been very light sensitive, maybe that's why this works so well for me.

MSN switched their home page background to red for a few days last week. Nothing major, but I kind of enjoy the variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks