Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

the Dark Knight colors the Home Theater Forum.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 of 25 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,197 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 02 2008 - 01:32 PM

I Think I like this color scheme.
My vote is for it to stay as a color option.
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 25 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 01:39 PM

I don't, as usual... The "you have a post in this thread" and "new posts in this thread" icons are very tough to see. Aside from the gigantic billboard up top, though, the actual arrangement is nice - more compact than usual.

Eagerly anticipating the usual post from Ron about how we should be grateful. Posted Image
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 25 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,170 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 02 2008 - 02:44 PM

I dig the change too.

#4 of 25 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:18 PM

I like this color scheme as well.....I find it quite pleasant on the eyes. It's great for the evenings when the eyes are somewhat tired after a long workday. Here's my vote to keep this as an option once the Dark Knight promotion ends. Posted Image
Recently watched- Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II, Snowpiercer, A Nightmare On Elm St Pt 2, A Nightmare On Elm Street(1984), Halloween III: Season Of The Witch, Pacific Rim

Currently watching- Planet Earth, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati, Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#5 of 25 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:21 PM

I stopped in cause i saw Tony and Travis, causing trouble. I have no opinion, other than i like bright backgrounds, so i can type in the dark. Use the HTF as a nite light. Posted Image

#6 of 25 OFFLINE   Michael Warner

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor

• 742 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:23 PM

You can switch back to the regular skin by choosing the "white" option at the bottom of the page -- which I did immediately. Having worked in web design during the early days of the internet I just can't stand a dark background anymore. Throw in some MIDI music and then we'll talk.
Xbox Live: mugwumps

#7 of 25 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,197 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickER
I stopped in cause i saw Tony and Travis, causing trouble. I have no opinion, other than i like bright backgrounds, so i can type in the dark. Use the HTF as a nite light. Posted Image

hey, what did i do now?

Posted Image
facebook.com/whotony

#8 of 25 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
hey, what did i do now?

Posted Image

LOL remember, just because your paranoid, doesnt mean they are'nt out to get you.

#9 of 25 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:48 PM

I cant see what i type with the black skin!?

Yep, couldnt see a thing as i was typing it. I have a hard enough time with typos and clumsy fingers. Posted Image

#10 of 25 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 02 2008 - 03:59 PM

Posted Image

I wish we could keep all the different color options for the skins that Parker puts together. I likes choices! Posted Image

I think they've all stuck around except for Iron Man.

I gave the Dark Knight skin a try but, unfortunately, found it a bit disorienting. But that could just be me. I'm definitely going to be giving it a few more test runs at different times to see what I think. It sure is a dramatic change, for sure.

Fun!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#11 of 25 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,864 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 02 2008 - 05:17 PM

It's the best, most professional of the tie-in skins, but I think black backgrounds give me eyestrain more than light backgrounds for some reason. No big deal, as I didn't even know about this skin until I saw this thread. It definitely looks like one that should stick around, even if the Batman images are removed.

#12 of 25 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 11:12 PM

I don't like it at all. The Dark Knight skin started giving me a headache trying to read it after only a few minutes. I generally don't like dark background / bright text.

Anyway, in another feedback thread, Parker pointed out the ability to choose what skin we wanted, which I didn't know we could do. So I immediately went back to one of the "regular" skins.

#13 of 25 OFFLINE   Michael:M

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted December 02 2008 - 11:37 PM

Despite it supposedly being easier to read, I really dislike bright text on dark backgrounds when I'm doing a lot of reading. But it's no big deal, since we can switch back to the preferred setting.
"Life began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between." - Diane Ackerman

#14 of 25 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 01:11 AM

I loke the movie tie-in skins and hope to see more of them in the future! Dark background with white text is the absolute worst color combination ever developed for readability, but it is great for saving power on CRT monitors. Posted Image
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus

#15 of 25 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 03 2008 - 01:19 AM

I've already seen at least one instance of someone posting white text (I'm assuming for the dark background on their end) yet it remains white on the lighter backgrounds (on my end). Now THAT'S very hard to read!

I hope that doesn't become a problem with the new skin. Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#16 of 25 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,202 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 01:31 AM

I think the use of a different font (perhaps Tahoma) and the use of bold face would make all the difference. I like the white (and blue for links) against the black background but must agree with previous members that posting is a bit trickier, and currently the font is hard to read for those of us who haven't a decent (i.e. expensive) monitor.

#17 of 25 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,392 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted December 03 2008 - 01:33 AM

Oh come now lads, haven't you heard? Black is the new black. Posted Image

Funny thing is I recently changed my Firefox browser theme to 'Glowyblue' and this new skin fits so well. Posted Image

https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/8889

It's a cool skin, I like it, the best of the tie-in themes so far. But eventually I will get tired of it and go back to my beloved white skin. Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#18 of 25 OFFLINE   Shane D

Shane D

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 02:12 AM

i dont mind the changes for a few days, but ANY website thats white text on black drives me nuts. after about 10 minutes of reading stuff if i look away i have ghost images in my eyes and it just really messes with me. a real strain on the eyes.

#19 of 25 OFFLINE   Marianne

Marianne

Supporting Actor

• 855 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 02:42 AM

It hurts my eyes - but it is quite cool. I can put up with it for a week, I guess!

#20 of 25 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,191 posts

Posted December 03 2008 - 04:23 AM

I like it. For some reason the white text on black is very soothing to my eyes, very easy to work with. I've always been very light sensitive, maybe that's why this works so well for me.

MSN switched their home page background to red for a few days last week. Nothing major, but I kind of enjoy the variety.
Stan

Forum Nav Content I Follow