Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any word on Happy Feet BD w/TrueHD?

Bill Hunt

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,954 posts

Posted December 01 2008 - 06:44 AM

WB added TrueHD to Superman Returns cause HD DVD already had it. with Happy Feet, i used to have this on HD DVD and the movie had trueHD. the current BD doesn't have trueHD. does WB plan to release all of their HD DVD counterparts that had lossless back to BD? i really luv this movie =P

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 518 posts

Posted January 24 2009 - 06:18 AM

the blu-ray in u.k. and japan had english pcm. makes me wonder why warner dropped it on the u.s. release.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Gekkou

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted January 26 2009 - 08:45 AM

The US release was a BD25. Maybe the overseas release was on a BD50 to make room for all the different language audio tracks so they had extra room for it on there.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,954 posts

Posted January 27 2009 - 04:22 AM

cause HD DVD had it. i hope BD will have truehd soon for this movie it's quite good!

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 518 posts

Posted January 28 2009 - 07:30 AM

all current releases of happy feet are bd-25. the video track of the movie is just 10gb. size was never an issue for the movie. warner just dropped the ball, that's all.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,954 posts

Posted January 28 2009 - 08:13 AM

i want extra special bonuses for the movie. it's so good =P.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Gekkou

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted February 02 2009 - 10:40 AM

Ack, that's what happens when I give Warner the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad the studio supposedly finally got the message with lossless audio. It's just maddening.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt

Second Unit

• 434 posts

Posted April 08 2009 - 10:55 AM

Nothing yet on this title, but Warner as a studio seems to finally be getting the message that everyone wants TrueHD or DTS-HD (some kind of lossless audio) on EVERY Blu-ray release. The problem is that there are different groups within the studio that handle different types of titles - new theatrical, catalog theatrical, TV, animated/childrens, etc. The message has to be "gotten" by each of them, and some of these folks are more on top of these things than others.
Bill Hunt, Editor
The Digital Bits
http://www.thedigitalbits.com
billhunt@thedigitalbits.com

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,954 posts

Posted April 09 2009 - 05:18 AM

yesh, i've been following the interviews and ur website of course Posted Image. thanks for keeping us up2date. i visit ur site like every hour, Posted Image. i know DVD news doesn't move as fast as engadgets.com for example Posted Image.

WB still rocks as a BD supplier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bill Hunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users