-

Photo
- - - - -

FF Crashing in Vista

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted November 26 2008 - 03:34 PM

My son and I both have laptops with Vista and FF crashes constantly. Tonight at least 3 times on my computer. I also use FF at work and on a desktop computer here and they are both running XP. I don't think FF has crashed on either computer ever. Anyone else here having troubles with FireFox crashing all the time in Vista?

#2 of 6 Glenise

Glenise

Supporting Actor

• 778 posts

Posted November 26 2008 - 09:30 PM

I'm not using Vista but have you installed FF 3.0.4? Does it crash when you login on the same machine as a different user?

#3 of 6 Brian Sharp

Brian Sharp

Stunt Coordinator

• 225 posts
  • LocationRobin Hood Country

Posted November 26 2008 - 11:24 PM

Used FF with Vista on my other computer for quite a while without any problem. Last used that computer about a month ago so do not know how any recent updates have affected the operating stability.

#4 of 6 drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted November 27 2008 - 12:08 AM

Yes. I am using 3.0.4. It seems to crash after a lot of activity. Like if it has been running for an hour or so when using Stumbleupon or Christmas shopping, etc... I am also wondering if the add-ons are contributing, but like I said, I don't have any issues on my XP machines and I have the same add-ons installed.

#5 of 6 hodedofome

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted November 27 2008 - 12:56 AM

Start firefox in safe mode, if it works fine then it's a theme or extension you are using. Make sure all your themes and extensions are compatible with your version of firefox.

#6 of 6 drobbins

drobbins

Screenwriter

• 1,870 posts

Posted November 27 2008 - 02:35 AM

I might have figured it out. I have been using Cybersitter for years so my kids don't accidentally trip on some inappropriate web sites. While doing some on-line shopping FF kept crashing. I turned off Cybersitter and all is well.